What Do Women Like?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by lovenhim, Oct 13, 2009.

1. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

Mine thinks most stuff either stinks or makes me smell like an old man.
    Then I will get the "I like that one, it smells good."
    Then the next week, that one (same one) smell like pine sol.

So I just get what I want and don't wear any cologne.

I do recall her liking stirling Barbershop, maybe time to go back to that one.

brit, Rhody, Keithmax and 2 others like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I have the Stoylin Barbershop shave soap, and use Clubman Original A.S. with it. I don't go for straight colognes, but I've used two labeled as "Aftershave/Cologne"(one by Clubman, the other Aqua Velva).

3. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

It's much easier to care only about the likes of one singular woman on a daily basis.

4. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

The barbershop aftershave could be a cologne, i use it before work and can still smell it 10 hours later.

Enrico and Paul Turner like this.
  5. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

I just received a bottle of Stirling Spearmint from @PLAla and my wife immediately declared it her new favorite. Seems she's grown tired of my use of Old Spice (after nearly 30 years) and since its not quite cold enough to get back to Ogallala BR - its been in the upper 90's this week - I guess I'll chill my cheeks and feel my eyes water for her.

Ursa, brit, Keithmax and 4 others like this.
  6. Don Logan

Don Logan New Member

I'd have to be a slave to let feminine fusspots gain control over my scent preferences. Some say Polo green smells horrible. Affectionate animals think otherwise.

7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

You should Xerox this post and place the other copy in "Thoughts About Our Current Existence" :).

8. GADback

GADback Well-Known Member

There are about as many answers as there are women. My wife really likes Clubman Pinaud—like stick her nose in my neck and breathe it in kind of like. It’s a nice classic scent and pretty inexpensive. She also likes AV ice blue in a “familiar reminds me of home” kind of like—but I don’t (I think it smells like her dad since that’s all he’s worn as long as I’ve known him—and is probably why she likes it).

I like to try lots of scents, but make sure to keep her favorites in rotation at least once a week, and she regularly comments how nice I smell on those days.

9. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    You clearly don't live with one.

Ursa, brit, gorgo2 and 4 others like this.
  10. RyX

RyX DoH!

I was going to reserve my comment until Joseph spoke up.
    My exwife didn't express any preference in my scent choices. Previous GFs like Drakkar Noir and Canoe so I wore those for them. My dog liked the scent of a new badger brush before I started cleaning it. Because the dog doesn't get a vote or use of the brush he lost that round. The other three were allowed to influence my choice. ;)

Hey Don @Don Logan - Take a moment to visit the Welcome Center? Make your introduction, share a little about you shave gear, and meet the crew here at TSD!

Ursa, CarlfromMO, Paul Turner and 2 others like this.
  11. Primotenore

Article Team
    :happy096:

12. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Mrs Samurai likes Veg. It's all negotiable beyond that.

Erik Redd, Shadow Shaver, RyX and 2 others like this.
  13. Primotenore

Article Team
    You've gotta a keeper Chris.

RyX and Shadow Shaver like this.
  14. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

My wife really likes the cooling Stetson A/S that I have.

Paul Turner likes this.
  15. Mr Two Bits

Mr Two Bits Well-Known Member

I have to say, I never considered what my wife might like when I chose Trumpers sandalwood... she hasn’t complained about it so I guess it’s OK with her...

brit likes this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

wife likes almost all of my a/s ,cologne choices.. so far..samples are good reference...

Paul Turner likes this.
  17. jwr3265

jwr3265 Well-Known Member

Every time I wear La Toja, a woman will comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. mousecop

mousecop Active Member

My gf seems to like Stirling Executive Man AS ALOTTT. it's a copy of Creed's aventus edp which costs $$$$$$. But it is a clean, masculine, and fresh scent. Can't go wrong. Stirling released a cologne version too

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Paul Turner and Mr Two Bits like this.
  19. Mr Two Bits

Mr Two Bits Well-Known Member

@mousecop you weren’t a former East/West all sate game teammate of Hingle Mc Cringleberry or LeCarpetron Dookmariott, were you?

20. mousecop

mousecop Active Member

Maybeee

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk