What do you hate about wet-shaving?

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by HUF, Nov 16, 2014.

1. billdog2

billdog2 Well-Known Member

Boy, you got me! The only thing that comes to mind is my wife.

2. billdog2

You are absolutely correct, the necessity to look "decent" throughout the day, with a well groomed beard or a clean shaven face is, indeed an obsession for
    those of us who are not troglodytes, and that is a good thing(I believe).
    Bill

engrsaks likes this.
  3. Justin Linker

Justin Linker Wetshaving belieber

Oh she doesn't bother me. I know my way around the system. Take money out of your bank account (if you share one) and put it on a gift card or reloadable money card for what you need to buy online...hide the card well and you'll never have any grief about "why is West Coast Shaving on the bank statement again?!?!"

Kizurra, Billyfergie and engrsaks like this.
  4. Joef

Joef Well-Known Member

All I can think of is not having a local store that sells quality shaving supplies. Other than that... Love everything about wet shaving!

billdog2 likes this.
  5. billdog2

Where I live, I can`t even buy de razor blades. I did find one drugstore that carried .009 se blades. I have to order all my blades on line, de and injector.
    I just don`t understand why local stores don`t carrying razor blades! I agree about "wet shaving". Bill

90quattrcoupe and Joef like this.
  6. ejmolitor37

ejmolitor37 Member

Most of what these gents have mentioned can be agreed with, not starting sooner, not being able to try everything you want, and I agree the most with the inconsistency! One day things are ok for my newbie self then the next time its like I am starting over again no matter how much I seem to concentrate on my fundamentals. But I have the rest of my life to get it right. Honestly the irk for me is not being able to smell a scent without purchase. I am one that I hate to spend money only to get something and go well this sucks. I wish there was a scratch and sniff feature on the computer for aftershave etc scents.

billdog2, Marverel and mrchick like this.
  7. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Finishing...

twhite and mrchick like this.
  8. Greg Becker

Greg Becker Member

I hate that it took me me 36 years of shaving to start.

9. Epimetheus

Epimetheus Well-Known Member

It takes more time than a disposable twin blade.
    On the good side, it takes more time than a disposable twin blade.
    On the bad side, I do not suggest wet shaving while commuting. A twin blade from the glove box works better.

For a few minutes I can kick everything else to the curb. The family has learned "Oh, Dad is shaving. Better use the other bathroom." When I finish I am a much more relaxed and easier Dad.

mrchick likes this.
  10. billdog2

I agree completely. I have to buy most everything online. I can get soaps, after shave, etc. at walmart, but I even have buy blades online. Not fair.

Bill

11. billdog2

I got bad news for you.... I`m 80 and still haven`t gotten it "right". I did get a bbs this morning but they are far and few between, believe me. And I had to really work at it. The good news is that it is a labor of love, very satisfying. I used an electric while I was wrestling with my " tremors" and was so glad to get back to the blade. Be patient my friend and go slow...... you will be rewarded later. About the many scents out there, buy cheap and experiment.

Respectfully, Bill

12. pvtbanks

pvtbanks Corners First

The thing I hate about wet-shaving... I can't have ALL of it.

13. billdog2

All of what? If you love wet shaving, then your in the correct forum. If you like wet shaving then your probably on your own. If you hate wet shaving then get a
    darn electric or a cartridge with a rack of plastic blades.... wet shaving is a labor of love and enjoyable.

Respectfully, Bill

14. pvtbanks

pvtbanks Corners First

I can't have all the wet shaving gear. I absolutely love the hobby. Gives me time to slow down.

15. billdog2

OK, good for you. Just give it time and you will accumulate all kinds of insignificant things that add to your shaving experience. Believe me, as time goes by you will increase the joy of "wasting" your time in the act of shaving. Good luck and God speed. Slowing down is a good thing. Enjoy it.

Bill

mrchick and twhite like this.
  16. Gerry Canter

Gerry Canter Member

Honestly, I don't hate anything about wet shaving.

billdog2 and mrchick like this.
  17. billdog2

Hi, Gerry. I see your a new member so welcome to our little show here, we always like to welcome new faces. I whole heartedly agree with you. Right on, brother. You may be wondering why the topic "what I hate about wet shaving". Well, most of us are merely trying to contrast different aspects of "wet shaving" over other methods and help each other enjoy shaving with tips and advice that is requested. May I ask how you feel about water dripping down on your arm or chest? Things like that. We discuss all kinds of minor things as well as important aspects to those who ask. These members here are
    the friendliest people I know. I have learned a lot and made friends. So again welcome.

Bill

P.S. There are probably a dozen or more members here who can explain our mission here better than me, you WILL meet them.

18. Gerry Canter

Gerry Canter Member

Thanks Bill. I appreciate the warm reception. I was just expressing my enthusiasm for a process I've come back to after many years. I truly look forward to shaving these days, which is a lot for me to say.

So far, the thing I like the very best about this forum, is the respectful way the folks here treat one another. I've not come across a single "If you don't like xxx razor, you're an idiot" sort of thing.

I hope I can contribute something of value to the forum.

All the best,
    Gerry

19. billdog2

Sounds like a plan, good luck and look forward to chatting in the future.

Best wishes, Bill

20. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I agree.

Epimetheus likes this.