What do you hate about wet-shaving?

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by HUF, Nov 16, 2014.

1. opsimath

opsimath Well-Known Member

This is a very small, trifling complaint -- certainly not a hate, but the water running down my arms when I raise my hands from the shaving basin is not pleasant.

I've taken to wearing a long sleeved T-shirt whilst shaving.

Billyfergie, Hodge and billdog2 like this.
  2. billdog2

billdog2 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I get drops on my bare tum-tum, I use a face towel folded on the basin top( mainly to lay my eye glasses on), just a quick swipe and done, until the next one. Oh, of all the trials and tribulations of wet shaving. As if a drop of water will melt me. I wouldn`t chang e "wet shaving" for all the electric shavers they make (been there done that).
    Many happy water droplets to you, my friend, God speed... Bill

P.S. Ain`t life fun !

3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

This may be a little off topic, but the bumping from your wife made me think of it. Once in a Rockford Files episode, Sgt. Becker thought he had a free few minutes for an electric shave, and the second he got his razor to his face he had to answer an emergency phone call, so he angrily ended his shave.

4. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

When I try a new blade and it sucks. I feel like a wasted an opportunity to get a great shave with a blade I know well.

Billyfergie and Norseman like this.
  5. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

That some DE blades dont agree with my face.
    That some shaving creams dont agree with my face
    My birth year Slim doesn't provide a great shave

6. Paul Turner

I never really used a shaving cream that didn't agree with my face, but when I tried Gillette Foamy Menthol, the only aftershave I needed was Fire After Shave. (Course there isn't such a brand, lol).

7. billdog2

I`m assuming your point is: A short dry miserable electric shave is boring?........ Just guessing, Bill

8. Paul Turner

I'd say my point is, the best shave is the one where there is no interruption to it.

9. billdog2

To all "wet shavers" wherever you are, just think about the very first shave in the history of the world, ouch, ouch and double ouch!! Unless of course if your a troglodyte, then it doesn`t matter....... Happy shaving, Bill

10. billdog2

Touche!

11. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

You outta try a bathrobe!

12. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

I hear you on the sink clogs. I've had mine plug up with soap buildup.

Clayton

Paul Turner likes this.
  13. chevyguy

I keep looking at soaps, and creams, online and I have enough to last a couple years already.

Clayton

14. chevyguy

You did fine Bill, enjoy the shave my friend.

Clayton

15. chevyguy

This is why it takes me twenty minutes to shave. And I enjoy those twenty minutes.

Clayton

16. Paul Turner

I'm sure you do...and I drive a Chevy myself(Cobalt).

17. Engblom

Engblom Well-Known Member

I hate how I never save the money I was supposed to save.

billdog2 likes this.
  18. Justin Linker

Justin Linker Wetshaving belieber

I hate how "that one last thing" is always the next thing I buy....

Paul Turner likes this.
  19. billdog2

Yeah, me too. One member states that he is "King of Cheap", but I got news for him, there are a lot of us that just might qualify for that title. I try very hard to keep my daily cost below 5 cents per shave(excluding shave cream and after shave) The initial cost of razors are stretched out over years, so there`s no way to calculate and if you buy soap or cream and after shave from Walmart, you can stay pretty close to "Cheap". I still enjoy two or three passes and the care and maintenance of all my shaving gear. I was forced to use an electric because of my "tremors", and there is nothing worse than a dry shave.
    Of course there are cheaper blades on the market than the ones I like, so there is always a chance of going even cheaper than me. Good luck.

With respect to frugality, Bill

P.S. I take meds for the tremors, so I can use any type razor I want.

mrchick likes this.
  20. engrsaks

engrsaks Well-Known Member

It becomes an obsession, a necessity for a good day and that there is nothing to dislike in it. :)

Seabs likes this.