What do you tinker with?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by brit, Feb 24, 2019.

1. brit

brit in a box

Hello fello denizens,.i am a vintage gillette razor enthusiast and i collect and use them . however i do have other things i tinker with.restore, enjoy,i like zippos, watches , the list goes on. but one of my favorite long term hobbies is building vintage amt/revell 1/25 scale model kits.i like to build replicas of famous drag race cars from the 50/60s as well as friends cars.
    a lot of you like to restore brushes and razors..that is cool.what other things do you like to tinker with? outboards, clocks,lanterns,woodworking, the list is endless....pics are cool..

AGHisBBS, RyX, Keithmax and 5 others like this.
  2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

There are a couple of things I enjoy that almost fit this thread. I have an extensive rotationof briar tobacco pipes. Pipe smoking done in an optimal fashion entails a lengthy routine of prep, maintenance and care. The tobacco itself has other routines.

Lately, I've been tinkering with a home music recoding setup. Doing the one man band routine on tape. It's very relaxing to just start mixing different tracks and drum programs together. The bass guitar riffs and guitar chords are actually me, but it's heavily Computer generated everything else. A lot of my setup is open source stuff on a laptop, and I've done this on the cheap and had a great time.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    AGHisBBS, RyX, Keithmax and 2 others like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

that is awesome sir..while i wanted to be a dj in the 80s i ended up being a volvo mechanic..tobacco pipes are very cool and i have been poking around the last couple of years on how to get started..near future endeavor for me..

AGHisBBS, RyX, Bama Samurai and 2 others like this.
  4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I like to do minor electrical work, like replacing outlets & light switches.

5. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Quite a bit of gunsmithing, as well as home repairs. Electrical, plumbing, rough carpentry etc....

Old Grizz, AGHisBBS, brit and 2 others like this.