What Do You Use For Home Defense??

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by DaltonGang, Feb 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoss304

Hoss304 Well-Known Member

My carry gun has been a Taurus TCP for last few years. When I got my permit I carried a S&W sw9ve (I think is the model) . I wanted something smaller for summer carry and bought the TCP. I got used to pocket carry and never went back. I got a good trade on the Shield so it'll be my new truck and carry gun . Where I live is heroin capital of the USA . After the sun sets it's like the wild west. Certain parts of town that used to be avoided are now spreading into the entire city . If you haven't seen Heroin E on Netflix check it out . Huntington WV

markjnewcomb and DaltonGang like this.
  2. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Wow. I don't remember Huntington being that bad, but then, I haven't been there in probably close to 20 years.

3. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Good to know. Quieter than a gun so I can haul them off to the swamp and no one will know. Plus I don't have to fix drywall and clean blood and stuff. Perfect.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  4. Bookworm

Keep in mind that if their pants aren't absorbent enough, you can end up with other stuff to clean up.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  5. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Make sure you do the right thing, and rinse the spray off of them first. You don't want to poison the alligators. :D

Bama Samurai and Bookworm like this.
  6. Hoss304

Yeah . After a rash of drug related murders daily the National Guard and Feds were called in . It's been pretty bad around here for past few years. The concealed classes are filled up all the time. Plus WV passed a no permit needed law. Any resident can carry .

7. Hoss304

The biggest thing that afftects the average citizen in a drug infested city besides theft is panhandling .You can step out of your truck at nearly any gas station and bums approach you . There's networks of them. You might get approached by the same person one night at a gas station . Next night you'll see them at Walmart parking lot. Even local restaurants have issues with them coming in and approaching people having dinner . It's just a plague .

8. Bookworm

I think I'm glad that the friend I was seeing up there moved to Florida. My mothers from Oak Hill - I'm just astonished at what you're saying (both posts). At least they're going to the classes. That's a good sign.

This is the astonishing part. Knowing my relatives up there, and the general attitude of those in WVa, I'm surprised there aren't a lot of bodies filling up the cuttings.

9. Hoss304

Had some fun at the range today . [​IMG]

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

10. brit

brit in a box

modern williams soap pucks... just kidding. if i told you it wouldn t be a surprise..

11. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Hilarious, but yes, quite toxic to all animals.

DaltonGang likes this.
  12. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I have one of those Taurus .38 +p snubbys. Shoots good. I am selling it though. I always carry my Judge.

13. Hoss304

14. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

A hello Kitty baseball bat would be a heck of a way to go out......

Bama Samurai, battle.munky and Zykris like this.
  15. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Typically on my wife's side a 20 guage Mossberg youth model. It is loaded with buck and ball loads. It is 3 feet from our bed to the door, at that range, you still have to aim, but when you hit em, that ain't good.
    I have a Mossberg 12 guage 500. Loaded with 000 buck shot.
    There is nothing in my house worth taking a life over, but physical body harm is a different matter altogether.

16. jar

jar Well-Known Member

I do enjoy carrying my snubbies and need to try to get a family picture with all of them. One of them is a Taurus 605 Poly and has been as reliable as I could want.

wchnu likes this.
  17. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Good choice. I've been carrying one exactly like that, for close to 18 years. a good pocket gun.

18. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

19. Hoss304

My latest project . Put some new furniture on Hawk 982 [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Flyingbald and DaltonGang like this.
  20. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

You bring your rabbit. I raise you a pair of holy hand grenades of antioch.
    hhgoa_by_theonefree_man-d78yr7y.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.