What I do when I have a couple hrs to spare -

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by grump, Jun 27, 2015.

1. grump

grump Well-Known Member

This morning as I started planning the day to go see blues legend Mr Buddy Guy,
    I realized I had a couple hours to spare so I made a cup of coffee, turned on some music and started honing.:)

[​IMG]

2. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Sounds like a great way to kill time! How'd they turn out? That looks to be a Chosera 1k bevel setter beneath the razors..
    I started moving my 'honing station' outside this summer. The evenings are gorgeous, and there's something therapeutic and peaceful about sitting amidst the tranquility of my wife's garden and repetitively dragging blades across stone. Could be an early sign of a mental illness, but I find it all very relaxing. :D

grump, gssixgun and mrchick like this.
  3. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Buddy Guy is a great performer. Have fun!

grump likes this.
  4. grump

grump Well-Known Member

Well, just as I started, I received a phone call from my daughter letting me know I would have to pick her up an hour earlier than planned.

I set the bevel on the MK 24 with the Chosera & the DMT extra fine, moved to Coticule #1 which is an excellent workhorse, moved to Coticule #2 - more of a finisher, then on to my yellow green Thuringen with slurry and finally shave soap to water lightening up as I went. It shaves fine but I think I just hurried a bit because I wanted to use it. I will take it back to the stones for some more refining.

I didn't get to the No. 6 yet.

And yes Kevin, I also find honing very relaxing.

macaronus likes this.
  5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor