What is the best cheap brush ?

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by newb, May 13, 2010.

1. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

Can't say enough about my Tweezerman. It's small size works well in small/narrow soap mugs, and it is a quality lather producer that has lasted. I made gifts of Tweezermans at Christmas to family members not yet using badger, and they all have thanked me many times for the gift.

2. TimeWeaver

TimeWeaver Member

Tweezerman +1

I have the Tweezerman.
    It sheds for about a year, but that's it's only drawback. It's actually quite a good brush for the money.

3. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

I heard about the shedding issue from others, but after buying several, none of mine have shed. Must be hit and miss.

4. NUMCKS

NUMCKS Well-Known Member

Mine has not shed much either - I'm just put off by its scratchyness. I use it on mornings where I'm having trouble waking up.

5. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

Mine shed a bit at first, and now loses a hair every now and then. I think many of these cheaper brushes are probably a bit hit or miss in that respect.
    Mine felt scratchy at first, then I got used to it, and it must have broken in a bit, too.

I like my Tweezerman a lot. It was my only brush for about 6 months, and it's still a regular part of the rotation. I've seen the price on Amazon fluctuate between just under $11 and just under $15, so it's a good value to start with.

6. Shavemark

Shavemark New Member

You should try going to a few of your local antique malls, and let fate find you a decent vintage treasure, some only cost a few bucks. If you overturn every stone and sniff out every nook and cranny you can find awesome deals and many just need to be sterilized shampooed and conditioned. Here are the brushes that I have purchased in the past month, many are truly collectible.;)

Attached Files:

7. Rexall

Rexall New Member

+1 on Omega boar brush. Got mine back when Target actually carried some wet shaving supplies. And tweezerman. mine is from TJMaxx however they have not been carrying the brushes and creams lately. it was always clearance stuff but works well for me. Target also sold a badger brush,brush holder,mach 3 handle set, and on clearance was very economical. Only thing I kept was the brush and keep hoping that it will lose enough hairs that it needs a replacement from Golden Nib. My brushes range from a 25 cent garage sale (new) with wooden handle to the first B+B badger, and they all work, just some better than others. Saw a few in local antique shop the other day, but would probably buy just for the handle and replace badge with Golden Nib.