What is your DE razor "Holy Grail" or "Go-To"?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Straight razor dandy, Jul 12, 2016.

1. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I want one of those.

brit likes this.
  2. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

It's definitely an efficient shaver. Sounds like you like it. Congrats!

3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

4. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I have to hide it away, not to use it repeatedly. It's already knocked a few out of favored spots. It is soooo nice.

Norcalnewb likes this.
  5. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Nothing really excites me any more as far as grail razors go. There are some that would be nice to have if I found them for a few bucks etc, but I am not out to spend much of anything on razors. My go to for the last while has been an early triangle slot tech on a weber bulldog handle. I get a super easy, irritation free great shave with it. In the past I have felt that way about the feather portable, old type, LC new, barbasol floating head, Weber PH, New Improved, OCMM, and New Deluxe. The only time I stray from the tech is when I want a different shave.

brit likes this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

i use my triangle slot tech with the razorock barberpole handle.looks like a brit aristocrat handle and stainless steel.heavy,love it.

PanChango likes this.
  7. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Yes, we are pretty much on the same page there... That is a nice looking handle and for $12 it is quite a bargain. Enjoy.

brit likes this.
  8. John1513

John1513 Member

Gillette tech fat handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brit likes this.
  9. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Weber 3pc. S/S Polished Head 85 mm Classic Handle {This is my Preferred Razor & My Favorite} *
    But due to problems with my hands, I am forced to use this razor 2015 Gillette Fusion Flexball Proglide Silvertouch.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  10. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

IMG_0097.JPG
    My go to, NEW SC(ca. 1932-1940) loaded with a GSB. It gives a great shave on two day growth. Then it gives great everyday shaves all week long. I love it
    :love055:

Bama Samurai likes this.
  11. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Well, I actually have two go-to razors. Gillette Fatboy and Gillette Bostonian, it's a hard choice.

12. The Daily Blade

The Daily Blade Active Member

Simple person that I am, my everyday shaver (well, you c an see from my pic that only part of the mug gets shaved) is my Gillette X3 1953 Super Speed. Tried just about everything else, but this one, for me, does the job the best. I put Gillette Silver Blue blades in it and gives me a shave to brag about

twhite likes this.
  13. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Earlier I had stated my Weber DLC was the "one", but I have to update that statement. Since the Parker Variant arrived on scene, it has unseated my Weber. It is just about the perfect razor for me. Still love the Weber and will not let it go but the Parker is my most reached for at this time. If you don't have one of the Parker Variants, you should.