What is your favorite safety razor ( vintage and/or Modern)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by myles wilson, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I recently bought a Merkur bakelite and I'm very happy with it.

:happy088:

Angelo85 and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  2. J_Man

J_Man right on the Mass border

Will post as soon as I get time to take some pics.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Jayaruh likes this.
  3. J_Man

Here they are @Jayaruh [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BigD, myles wilson and Jayaruh like this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Wow! Looks great.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  5. J_Man

The knurling on the handle is actually much nicer than it came out in the pics.

That is a very thick, long & heavy handle that I got off of a $10 ebay razor about 6 years ago. Several other members here also bought the same razor just for the handle.

BigD and Jayaruh like this.
  6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I thought that handle looked familiar. I got one of those Utopia razors, too. The handle is great, but the head on mine was junk. The dealer refunded $5 and I kept the razor. I have used the handle with other heads with great success. I called the razor the Quarter Pounder. It was 4 oz.

PatrickA51 and BigD like this.
  7. J_Man

Yes that was it the "Utopia" I never cared for the head either the blade alignment was very poor...Luckily I only purchased it for the handle.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  8. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

My fav shaving system is the combo of modern SE with AC guarded blade.
    For sure, my preferred is Colonial Razors The General V1 Aluminium with Kai ProTouch.
    In this pic all my favs.

[​IMG]

BigD and myles wilson like this.
  9. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I still find it hilarious that the original inspiration for one of the most collectable razors on the planet (Wolfman BBS-1) was the Baili BR131, a $5 razor.

Not that the two razors share that much in common, other than a vague similarity in appearance. Like most people, I'd always assumed the Wolfman razors were inspired by the British Flat Bottom Tech, which I guess they were, in a very roundabout sort of way.

10. Daywalker

Daywalker Active Member

Vintage: Gillette gold tone ball end Tech (Y-2), made the same year/quarter I was born in - which I only realized two years after I got it. Must've been sent by the gods of shaving.

Modern: Weishi 9306 (short handle) - my daily driver and I even prefer it over my Super Speed.
    I decided to stop collecting and not buying new razors anymore, but think I might need to get all the different plated Weishis out there (only the short handled ones).

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    Enrico likes this.