What is your most unforgiving razor...?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Primotenore, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :happy097:

Jrdelgado likes this.
  2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I just went back and read my post from July, 2017. What a difference time and technique make! 2011 R41! Hah! I laugh at you. You are not Lion, you are a Mouse! :happy102:

brit, Hembree, Jorvaljr and 6 others like this.
  3. Laird

Laird Well-Known Member

The Fatip Grande MK1 that I bought in 2015 and just mailed away today as a PIF. Bye Bye, and good riddance. Hopefully a perfect fit for the recipient, but not for me.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  4. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

The dart is my most unforgiving razor.

brit and jmudrick like this.
  5. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Ikon Tech which I'm now using with an alternative cap. Better.[​IMG]

AGHisBBS and brit like this.
  6. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I have to say that most recently I've found one of my Gillette New Improved razors has been extremely unforgiving. I was shaving with my New Deluxe for several weeks because I was getting such great shaves from it and I became curious how the New Deluxe would compare to the New Improved. So my plan was to do 3 shaves with the New Improved. Well, I did two using the exact same blade as the I had been using with the New Deluxe and the same handle (Ikon Bulldog 85mm). In both my shaves with the New Improved my face got eaten up. Lots of blood. Lots of feedback from the alum. I didn't bother with the third shave and this morning went back to the New Deluxe and just popped the blade from the New Improved into the New Deluxe. Not a single nick and very little feedback from the alum in comparison. Not going back to the New Improved. I also found the NEW long comb to be an unforgiving razor but I haven't shaved with it in a while. And I used my Gillette Fat Handle Tech not too long ago and was completely surprised that it also chewed up my face like I've never seen from any razor ever. It may have been that I was rushed or a bad blade. Don't know. I'll go back to it because I had always considered it a nice mild yet efficient shaver. Will have to revisit that one. I guess from a vintage standpoint I prefer the various Gillette Old Types such as the Ball End and the Single Ring. But the New Deluxe is so consistently close and comfortable all at the same time. The New Deluxe has caused me to stop my search for razors. The only one I'm thinking of giving a try is the new Karve Open Comb. I'm wondering if it will give the New Deluxe a run for its money.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    AGHisBBS, mrchick and Jorvaljr like this.
  7. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Oh wow...
    I'm not sure, but I think the guy who built this, is the unforgiving one...

tp

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    AGHisBBS likes this.
  8. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Of the ones I have used so far...

20190320_143304.jpg
    Of the DEs the R41
    Of the SEs the two MMOC
    And then ........
    Well, ya know
    tp

But I love my MMOCs, gives me a great shave!

AGHisBBS, brit and mrchick like this.
  9. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Ride the cap, that will tame it.
    tp

AGHisBBS and brit like this.
  10. pj3r

pj3r Well-Known Member

I love my PAL Injecto-matic but I need to be very, very carefull! But it gives me A wonderfull shave!

Poslano sa mog SM-A600FN koristeći Tapatalk

brit and AGHisBBS like this.