What Manly Things Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jwr0201, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

You can go on TV and say you are a USAA member for life. :). I'll be watching.

gorgo2 and Frijolero like this.
  2. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Be careful. They can be crafty little devils.
    ede17df13c083fbf5aceceb89326e8b428357e35481ef1a2f383162cc850b6d7.jpg

AGHisBBS, BamaT, Enrico and 2 others like this.
  3. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

I think they put em in public to test us.

Frijolero and gorgo2 like this.
  4. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

I have a Samsung Gear S3 that was giving me less than one hour of usage. Samsung wants upward of $100 to replace the battery plus the 2 or 3 weeks without my watch. I order the battery from Amazon, found a Youtube vid that showed the process. 30 min later and having spent only $23 my watch is back in action. Take that Samsung!!!

AGHisBBS, BamaT, Enrico and 4 others like this.
  5. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

I shoveled snow.

6. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

Hooked up an antenna to my tv because DISH is fighting with my local provider. Not very manly, I know, couldn't hardly get the stupid tv to scan for OTA channels. It's too new I guess. It used to be a breeze in the olden days.

AGHisBBS, Frijolero, BamaT and 2 others like this.
  7. Paul Turner

Just did a couple lengths around the condo complex driveway(walking).

AGHisBBS and Frijolero like this.
  8. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

In today’s disposable mentality, you were supposed to throw it away and buy another. No worries, it will only sit in the landfill for several hundred years. :) Just kidding, I don’t like the throw it away and replace age we live in.

AGHisBBS, Frijolero and Sara-s like this.
  9. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Sewing is becoming a lost art. My wife sews and has a Bernina sewing machine and serger. She not only enjoys it, but has saved us a ton of money over the years with alterations, and back when she could get good quality clothing fabric, she made some dresses and even an overcoat for herself.

AGHisBBS, Frijolero and Sara-s like this.
  10. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Good for you. Teaching children/youth how to respect and shoot firearms, and what to do if they ever find one somewhere is just as important as securing firearms. A safe is definitely one of my best firearm related purchases, but if you don’t teach them, they won’t know what to do if they ever find one laying around, perhaps at a friend’s or relative’s house. And that is don’t touch it, leave the area, and go tell an adult (part of the NRA Eddie the Eagle youth safety program, which has been around for decades). My son learned to shoot when he was about 9 or 10. My daughter cared nothing about it, but I made her learn what to do and how to handle one if she ever had to. My wife used to shoot my Super Blackhawk .44 mag without flinching!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
    Bird Lives, DaltonGang and Frijolero like this.
  11. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Went to church!

12. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Looks like a color a Crimson Tide fan would be proud of!

mayer57619 likes this.
  13. Paul Turner

I think I did a post here pertaining to gun ranges-my dad and mom(before they were my dad and mom) were out in Jackson Hole, Wyoming at a range. My dad did a few rounds with a pistol, but what I didn't know until my Mom told me just a few years ago is that she got off a few shots herself.

14. ordinaryshaver

What model of 16guage?

15. barbersurgeon

barbersurgeon Well-Known Member

Late model Marlin model 90, open space between the barrels. 26” tubes. It’s one of my rainy day guns, it was out since the last few weeks at the dog training club were sloppy.. Shooting #5 Kent bismuth on the hunt.

AGHisBBS and Frijolero like this.
  16. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I wish I did today, but VERY under the weather aka "sick as a dog". Going to Dr's tomorrow.

Last Thursday I was told "it's just a cold", but she added "if you're not felling any better by Monday, call us".

:sick007:

AGHisBBS, BamaT and Frijolero like this.
  17. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Hope you feel better soon. I’ve never been able to wear out a cold like many do. With me, they just linger, get worse, and turn into sinus infection/bronchitis, so I’ve learned to go on early to the Dr.

Paul Turner and Frijolero like this.
  18. ordinaryshaver

I usually just layer up as much as possible, then go out and go to work. I work outside so I try to "sweat it out" .
    Not the best remedy, but it ain't killed me yet.

AGHisBBS and Killerflyingbugs like this.
  19. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

In the past; I was always told "you're not sick". I got so tired of hearing that, I usually wait three weeks and let it escalated till I have pneumonia.

My respect for many doctors has went down the toilet. I consider many to be over glorified plumbers, mechanics and electricians, that dispense drugs like popcorn and peanuts at the circus.

We're told they've taken the hippocratic oath I find it more to be the hypocritical oath.

20. ordinaryshaver

I've met a few good saw bones in my life. But more often than not they are drug pushers.
    Course, Ive stitched myself up, splinted 2 broken bones, and nurses myself back from pnuemonia.

AGHisBBS, Killerflyingbugs and Enrico like this.