What Manly Things Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jwr0201, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Chuck Naill

Chuck Naill Well-Known Member

2. joamo

joamo Well-Known Member

I supported a local business that will remind me to buy and send cards for those occasions when not doing so results in the doghouse.:signs081:

Enrico, Terry and S Barnhardt like this.
  3. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

The "Real Test" of your relationship/marriage is whether, or not, you will buy your significant other one of these for their birthday and/or anniversary!

Now to get right to the point do you, or don't you, have the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ to do that?

Well, do you??

:signs136: :signs002: :eatdrink013:

Terry likes this.
  4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Dropped off the dog for a bath at Petsmart. His name was Buck but after I saw the cartoon UP, I renamed him Doug. If you've seen it, my dog is Doug except in black. When he answered to Doug without a hitch (vowel sound, I know), it further proved the point.

Enrico, Terry and S Barnhardt like this.
  5. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I took a handgun safety course today. (I do not shoot, but have relatives in law enforcement.) I think that if you are going to be around guns, even if you do not shoot, you should know at least basic safety procedures.

6. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

You should learn to shoot as well.
    Any knowledge gained is a good thing!
    Is that not a teacher's mantra? At least something similar??

Enrico and gorgo2 like this.
  7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

R.I.P Elmer J. Fudd, Millionaire. He owned a mansion and a yacht. :(

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    S Barnhardt likes this.
  8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

The course included some shooting time.

Enrico, S Barnhardt, BamaT and 2 others like this.
  9. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Fantastic!
    Go getter done!
    Women, all women, should be proficient marksmen.
    Yes my wife can shoot, very well!
    Like shaving, you need to practice.
    That's great!
    tp

Sara-s, S Barnhardt and gorgo2 like this.
  10. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

:happy088:
    tp

Sara-s and S Barnhardt like this.
  11. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Reviewed our life insurance coverage and finances with my wife.

12. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

At first read, I figured any man who reviewed his insurance policy with both his fiance and his wife would be receiving an immediate payout! Sometimes it helps me to read these posts twice.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    alex1921, gorgo2 and BamaT like this.
  13. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Laughed out loud at this!

BigMike likes this.
  14. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I put new Flights(fins) on a set of Jarts(lawn darts), that were my Grandparents, back in the late 60's. All of us kids(siblings, cousins), used them, back in those days, all the time, and the flights finally chipped and broke. Then the set was put up, in the mid 80's, after all the kids had grown up.
    In the late 70's, lawn darts were outlawed for sale, in the US and Canada(?), because people were dying after having them land on/in their head.
    Well, fast forward, my grandparents died, many years ago, and relatives thought they were just junk, but I saved them from the trash. I finally found some modern foam tipped JARTS, scavanged those fins, and modified them to fit the old set. Exact fit and look of the originals. Wooo hooo!!
    My daughter and neighbors kids tested them out, and they were all hooked on playing with them. Now, I have adult friends wanting to play with them. They bring back memories, of a more fun, carefree childhood, and someone yelling Watch Out!!, and all kids scattering, after someone threw a dart, when people werent looking.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    Enrico, gorgo2 and richgem like this.
  15. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Unclogged a slow bathroom sink drain. Half a pot of near boiling water, let it sit, tossed in a dollop of Dawn, pour the rest of the water, let it work. Then let hot tap run for about a minute. Worked like a charm. I'm sure it was shaving soap and old beard.

Enrico and DaltonGang like this.
  16. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Repaired a bushel crate. The slates and bottom was shot (saved the ends) ..... cut new ones from pallet wood, sanded, assembled, and stained some VERY thirsty wood.

IMG_1635.JPG

It was originally saved for my son and his record collection, but he doesn't seem interested, so I may keep it for myself.

I was looking to see if anyone still made genuine crates and found this cool video. Here!

I found that the business is less than an hour and a half from me and only 35 minutes from my parents. I see a road trip in the future to pick up a few.

:eatdrink013:

17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Nice job, @Enrico ! How are you planning to use it?

Enrico likes this.
  18. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:thanks: I may keep it in the living room for some of my daily record listening.

:D

brit likes this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

very cool.nice job Keith..

Enrico likes this.
  20. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

5:30am get up and start the day!!!
    Get grand child showered, breakfast and generally ready for school after I am ready to go, pick up other 2 grand kids to drop them off to daycare.
    Normal ever day stuff.
    RIGHT?

But today, just before dropping off the oldest at school, the middle child (2 year old) tossed up his breakfast.
    OK....
    Drop off oldest at school.
    Go home get the little guy cleaned up, at their moms.
    Clean up the car, I got seat covers and custom mats for just such occasions, not my first rodeo.
    Take both home while getting their grandma home to watch the little guy, he's not feeling well, can't go to daycare like that.
    Take youngest one with me to my doctor's appointment, just make it there on time, she just turned one, she's fine there.
    Dropped her off at daycare after that and go to work, why, couldn't get off work, to many things planed.
    Gonna be late getting out of work, a long day, but that is how it is some days.
    Didn't get to work till 11 am, but will still have 8 hours in.
    Tomorrow take the day off to stay home with the little guy that's not feeling well.
    Friday another long day at work planed, maybe all will be well by then.
    It's supposed to be nice out this week end here.
    Maybe we can all go to the zoo or something.

Keep the Faith!
    life is good
    tp

BigMike, Enrico and barbersurgeon like this.