What Manly Things Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jwr0201, Jan 17, 2015.

1. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

That is the Ruger pistol I have, and use. It is an anniversary model. I do like the pistol, but, when shot side by side with the Browning, the Browning will out shoot it every time. The Brownings trigger pull is much better. I need th research upgrading the Rugers trigger pull.
    I have three, identical Ruger pistols, and all three have the same trigger feel.

Sara-s likes this.
  2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

We go to a range in PA (just over the NJ border) because you can rent there. (It's not legal here in NY.) So far I have rented the Ruger & the Smith & Wesson Victory, which I didn't like. Too many design flaws.

BamaT likes this.
  3. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

The Buckmark vs Ruger 22 argument is on the same level as 9mm v .45acp, ford v chevy, etc. It never ends with fans on both sides.

I had a few rugers and my range buddy had brownings. Always liked the browning, but never picked one up.

Not Heritage Guild in Easton?

BamaT likes this.
  4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

5. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I have shot there a few times and shopped at Sarco as well. I work about 2 miles from there.

Sara-s likes this.
  6. DaltonGang

The better trigger, on the Browning, contributed to the slightly better accuracy. All three Rugers I have, need a little trigger work.

7. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Yes. The Browning pistols were easier to field strip as well. I had a couple of the Mk I and Mk II pistols.

Now all I have is a take down 10/22. I did swap the trigger unit out for their cleaned up version. Not as pricey or as good as a Volquartsen but way better than stock.

DaltonGang likes this.
  8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

What is Sarco?

9. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Dale, please do not strip in the field even if there's no one around. The Penguinators have gotten some disturbing reports. :eek:

PanChango likes this.
  10. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

11. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

There is a story for another time and place....

It did not involve penguins, but a senior Japanese couple may have seen more than they should have while I was on the trail....

12. richgem

Oh no....

13. Xring3

Xring3 Well-Known Member

Took dog to the vet, went to gunshop and picked up check for rifle I had on consignment that they sold for me and got the car washed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PanChango likes this.
  14. DaltonGang

What cleaned up version?? All I saw were the Volquartsen, online.

15. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

The BX trigger group. It has about a 3 lb pull and was roughly $70 when I bought it 5-6 years ago.
    https://www.ruger.com/micros/BX-Trigger/?r=y

The stock trigger that came with the 10/22 was heavy and creepy.

DaltonGang likes this.
  16. DaltonGang

Ok, ok, ok. I've been thinking Ruger Mark IV, and you've been talking Ruger 10/22. That's why I can only find the Volquartsen.

PanChango likes this.
  17. lottenhem

lottenhem Well-Known Member

Friday evening, started the fire place. US made Intrepid. The dogs resting while I drink some beer and sipping on a Single Malt.[​IMG]

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Avalon, DaltonGang, BamaT and 2 others like this.
  18. richgem

They sure look comfortable. :)

lottenhem likes this.
  19. Xring3

Xring3 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Got in a little range time this am.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I shaved while my cat watched me. Meet Theodore. He is a Persian basically and a Seal Lynx Point Himalayan if you wanna be specific.
    UWES8166.JPG

Avalon, PanChango and lottenhem like this.