What Manly Things Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jwr0201, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Why do you think I did it?

richgem likes this.
  2. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I am g!ad to hear that. You were starting to worry me. All this touchy feely, "Real Men Cry" stuff is just too sensitive for my liking. John Wayne would be ashamed, if he were around, to see what has become of our so called men.
    Sure, men cry when:
    1.They're shot. Sometimes.
    2.When their Mom dies. Grandmothers count.
    3.When they get audited by the IRS.

Can't think of other reasons. Maybe some input is needed.

brit, stuartganis and gorgo2 like this.
  3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

TSD Exception: When their favorite shaving item is discontinued or reformulated.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
    brit, gorgo2, Sara-s and 1 other person like this.
  4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Had a real nice haircut done by a lady

brit and Sara-s like this.
  5. DaltonGang

I replaced the Evaporator Fan Motor, of my True GDM-10 beverage cooler. When we had power outages, it picked and chose when it wanted to work again. So, I broke down, purchased an aftermarket motor, and spent almost 1 hour fixing and modifying things, so it would work, just right.
    It's now holding a steady 33 degrees. Just right for the Sodas, Waters, and many varieties of Beers.

brit and lottenhem like this.
  6. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

I engaged in the manly art of outdoor application of heat to food. Yes, friends, I grilled today.

What did I grill? I'm glad you asked.

I grilled 4 pounds of zucchini to replace the pasta in a new lasagna recipe.

IMG_20220424_153610897 (1).jpg

brit, lottenhem and Paul Turner like this.
  7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I put together an outdoor shelving unit. No instructions. One tool- a rubber mallet.

8. DaltonGang

A neighbor of mine is moving, and he was clearing out his garage, when he found a 16 yr old Craftsman chainsaw he didn't remember buying. So, I get a knock on my door, with him holding it, asking if I want it. If not, then he is putting it out with the trash. It was caked with 16 yrs of dust and grime. Well, I said I would fix it for him, for free, but he said he didn't want it. Fast forward a couple of weeks. I took some compressed air to it, and cleaned it up. It looks like it had been fired up, maybe once. Upon inspection, the carb was gummed up, nothing worked, and all the fuel lines were crumbled. I ordered a carburetor kit, for $15, and got things ready.
    After a lot of head scratching, and 3 hrs later, I had it running like new again. It even looks almost new. I didn't need the new carburetor, but used other parts that came with it.
    Now I have 4 chainsaws, and 3 lawnmowers, and the wife is not happy. She doesn't see herself being able to park in the garage, anytime soon.

lottenhem, brit, Sara-s and 2 others like this.
  9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

brit likes this.
  10. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

What do you think he's using to display all those chainsaws?:lyrtuy5:

Sara-s, brit and swarden43 like this.
  11. DaltonGang

She knows the house has been taken over by her, so no use fighting about the garage. I always remind her that she could park her cars in the garage, but I would then be using her kitchen table for my hobbies. That usually stops her in her tracks.
    In a couple of years, we will be building a retirement home, and I will have a large work shed built, and she can have her 3 car garage.

MoAllen, Sara-s and brit like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

said mallet is great for disassembly also..;)

Sara-s likes this.
  13. lottenhem

lottenhem Well-Known Member

Luckily I have a barn where I have most of my gear. The lawn mover is in the earlier sheep stable so my wife has the garage for her self.. much easier to buy tools without her recognises it

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

DaltonGang, brit and Paul Turner like this.
  14. DaltonGang

I took out the rebuilt chainsaw, and tested it out, on an old tree stump. It cut through it, like butter. Afterwards, I cleaned it up, drained the remaining gas, and put it up, until needed again.
    This was after the wife and I took the Husky/Shepherd dog for a 4 mile walk, to wear her out. We then fired up the diesel pickup, purchased sod, fertilizers, and went to lunch. Then I got to pull a bunch of weeds, prep the soil, lay down the sod, and plant flowers.
    I'm not tired yet. Perhaps a 3-4 mile walk will round out the day.

lottenhem, MoAllen and brit like this.
  15. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Yeah, I remember back when I was in my 20s ;)

richgem likes this.
  16. DaltonGang

58 in a couple of months. :D

17. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

60 in a few days

18. DaltonGang

We are spring chickens. Ok, time for a nap. :happy102:

brit likes this.
  19. DaltonGang

I worked 8 hrs, came home, and mowed the yard.

Paul Turner likes this.
  20. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

My hero!

:)