What Manly Things Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jwr0201, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Bax

Bax Well-Known Member

Yesterday I got to install a CB radio in a Police Interceptor.
    That was kinda different.
    :)
    - Bax

gorgo2, Enrico, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:signs021:

3. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

1.Mowed the yard
    2.The lawnmower of 8 years started to run rough. So, I cleaned out the float bowl, cleaned out the carb jet, and cleaned out the air filter. It took less than 10 minutes, and now it runs smooth and powerful. Like new. A small engine repair shop would charge around $175-$200 for this. Those shops are a ripoff.
    3.Took off work today, to spend a Saturday with the wife, and youngest kid.

gorgo2, MoAllen, Frijolero and 3 others like this.
  4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Bought a new power tool. In this case, small, cheap cordless rotary tool, for my leather crafts. I have a very nice one by Dremel, but it is larger & heavier. Consequently, when I am burnishing leather, it makes my hands too tired. So the little one is easier to use, for this purpose.

Right tool for the right job;
    12AEDB36-52F6-4615-BC0B-EB8E10DD4E3C.jpeg

gorgo2, Troy M, Hogie and 5 others like this.
  5. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

It's hot so, I went to town on the Harley. Nice ride even if the part I went for wasn't in yet. I put a better air cleaner on it and it has LOTS more power! Screamin' Eagle 1 kit.
    DSCN8932.JPG

6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Y'know, sometimes basseball announcers(RIP Vin Scully)describe hits as "screaming line drives". Does the ball scream???

Hogie likes this.
  7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Yes! Think of a wiffle ball going so fast that it makes noise. Thus screaming

Paul Turner likes this.
  8. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I am just repeating what they call it. Basically a better air cleaner that draws air from all sides instead of just a small hole in the front.

Paul Turner likes this.
  9. richgem

upload_2022-8-4_15-41-17.png

10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Not very manly but I sort of built a haunted house for my sister. Will post pics when it's finished for those who, like her, are looking forward to Halloween (no, not yet another Michael movie) . Below is the original look.

Screenshot_20220804-204623-558_resized_36_percent.jpg

11. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

12. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I went to Southern Tier Harley to pick up a couple exhaust gaskets for the new exhaust Vance & Hines is sending me. I also drooled all over my fav new bike, 2022 Road King 107 cu.in. (it's only $23,000 before tax & delivery) They had to wash it after I left.

IMG_1382.JPG IMG_1386.JPG

gorgo2, Frijolero and Enrico like this.
  13. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Continued to care for wife #2 after her heart surgery on Wednesday

gorgo2, Frijolero, Xring3 and 3 others like this.
  14. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

Hope she is doing well.

15. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

She is, just takes time to recover from such an intrusion of the body. Especially at our ages, she's 74.

gorgo2, Frijolero, MoAllen and 2 others like this.
  16. Xring3

Xring3 Well-Known Member

Cleaned the toilet. Now going to get takeout food……..hope I don’t have to clean the toilet again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MoAllen and gorgo2 like this.
  17. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I went for a bike ride, stopped at the farmer market for a nice pastry, then had tea by the river. Not overly manly, but a very nice start to the day.

teabytheriver.jpg

18. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I assembled a little bamboo shelf unit, driving all of the screws with my right hand. (I'm a lefty, with a fractured left elbow.)

lottenhem, Enrico, MoAllen and 3 others like this.
  19. richgem

Did you have to buy a right-handed adapter for your left-handed screwdriver?

Sara-s likes this.
  20. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

With all respect, sir, like hell it's not. Unlike most of the world's population, you are free to go wherever you wish without passports, paper, or permission, for any reason or no reason at all. You are a true historical aberration: a free man. Only problem with it is, we've taken it for granted for way too long.

Sorry, I'm in a slight mood tonight.

Frijolero and PanChango like this.