What Manly Things Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jwr0201, Jan 17, 2015.

1. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I agree it’s probably too much scope, but I’ll probably use it for target shooting as well. I’ll be shooting critters out to 100 yards here.

Enrico, BamaT and macaronus like this.
  2. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

I will tell the Minions to circumvent your back yard from now on. ;)

Enrico and mrchick like this.
  3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I think he only hunts purple minions so the normal guys should be okay.

Enrico and mrchick like this.
  4. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Oof! But still...

Enrico likes this.
  5. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

I may have to take that personally.

;)

Enrico, BamaT, macaronus and 2 others like this.
  6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

7. richgem

Jedi squirrels to the rescue?

upload_2023-2-24_22-9-19.png

8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Powerwashed an old patio.

9. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

My daughter, who is a vegetarian, and her husband were coming for a visit today. I spent a good deal of time researching various veggie burger recipes, finally took the best ideas of the two that looked the best to me, then this morning spent the time necessary to come up with black bean veggie burgers that turned out nicely. Done right, they can be very flavorful. My daughter enjoyed them, and asked me for my recipe!

Enrico, MoAllen, macaronus and 3 others like this.
  10. Ratpoison

Ratpoison Well-Known Member

That's awesome :happy088:

BamaT and macaronus like this.
  11. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Excellent fatherhood! You made me proud! :happy088:

BamaT, jaro and Ratpoison like this.
  12. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

After 26 years SWMBO decided it was finally time to put new wallpaper on the wall behind our bed. She was right, of course. Afterwards we hung up two side cabinets and two boards. Even I see the difference. :D

IMG-20230305-WA0000.jpg
    Before (bed has been moved and is full with boxes which were hidden under the bed)

IMG-20230305-WA0002.jpg
    The old wallpaper is indeed in need of replacement.

IMG-20230305-WA0001.jpg
    Tadaa! :cool:

wristwatchb, Enrico, gorgo2 and 4 others like this.
  13. Ratpoison

Ratpoison Well-Known Member

You definitely needed a room upgrade. Looks nice.:happy088:

macaronus likes this.
  14. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Got a good price on an abandoned home so I bought it. Been working on it since Tuesday. Stood empty nearly a year. Fridge was black hazmat, sealed it and had it hauled off. Lots of leftover stuff, some usable, most not. Borrowed a backpack leaf blower today, blew off leaf, twig and Spanish moss debris almost a foot deep in spots on the roof. Now I'm plum tuckered but satisfied that horrendous chore is done.

Sara-s, Enrico, macaronus and 3 others like this.
  15. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Continued working on the steam locomotive. Yesterday the boiler has been approved for the next two years. So reassembly has begun: appendages, pipes, fire grate (about 20 cast iron bars of about two feet long, three inches high and 1 inch wide), steam slide valve. A heavy lifting but satisfying day!

BamaT, gorgo2, Sara-s and 3 others like this.
  16. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Yard work. Cleaned out the flower beds, of all the dead stuff. Then, I loaded My pickup truck with two buckets worth of mulch. It was well rounded over. I recruited my girls and we spread it all along the flower beds. Then I planted a.bunch of flowers.
    I rested, then cooked a couple of T-Bone steaks with pan seared new potatoes for the family, for all the help they did.

gorgo2, Enrico, BamaT and 3 others like this.
  17. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I mowed the yard, and Edged, etc.
    Cut up a lot of partially seasoned Pecan wood, into BBQ pit useful sizes. Then split it all by hand, and stacked it neatly, to finish drying.
    Drank a beer, relaxed outside. Then fired up the wood grill/smoker, and grilled a couple of big T-Bone Steaks for the family dinner. I used some Mesquite Wood I had in my BBQ wood stack. Mmmmmm mmmm good.

18. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

This maple table belonged to my Bride's aunt and uncle. The top swivels 90 degrees and folds in half to make a narrow table. I believe it was made by her uncle's grandfather who was a furniture maker. I'm guessing 1950s. We surface-cleaned it with Simple Green and applied a light cherry stain to cover scratches and give it some color. It turned out pretty good. I'll apply some lemon oil tomorrow once the stain is fully dried and then move it into the house for my Bride. She'll use it to display some knick-knackery. I understand that this could include anything except razors, watches, or knives. :)

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

mrchick, MoAllen, DaltonGang and 4 others like this.
  19. richgem

So it looks like you're clear to display shaving brushes ;)

Beautiful work and I love the cleverness behind multi-purpose furniture like that.

macaronus and wristwatchb like this.
  20. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Thanks Rich. I like the way you think! :)

It is a pretty cool table. When the top folds over, it reveals a hidden compartment for game pieces, cans of Spam to be used during emergencies, hidden treasure maps, and the like.

Enrico, BamaT and richgem like this.