What Manly Things Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jwr0201, Jan 17, 2015.

1. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

"I need to clean out the shed this year."
    Yup, been sayin' it for the past three years; six times! Once every Spring, once every Fall.
    Finally did it.
    Really didn't throw too much away, just reorganized.
    Amazing how much more space I was able to get.

One Advil now, another when I go to bed!

macaronus, Sara-s and Enrico like this.
  2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Hot glue a clothes pin or a tiny binder clip to the lid. Though I like rivets or epoxy...... even silicone.

:)

Frijolero, macaronus and richgem like this.
  3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Thanks! I'll let you know.

macaronus and Sara-s like this.
  4. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

You could also use a clip that has a magnet on it and then since the lid is metal you would not need to glue it to the top...
    download (1).jpg
    download (2).jpg
    images.jpg

5. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Frijolero, macaronus and jaro like this.
  6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

The lid has been modified. There is a wonder clip to hold the twine, a stick-on thread cutter (the white, round thing) and some Sugru clay around the opening. The thread cutters come in a pack of 3. @richgem I can send you one of those too, if you want.
    IMG_2023-5-29-144848.jpeg

Frijolero, gorgo2, jaro and 1 other person like this.
  7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

8. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

Just helped my parents... One of their toilets was leaking , so I went and replaced the bolts and washers on the toilet tank to bowl and I took the toilet out replaced the wax flanges x2 and it seemes to have fixed it..

Enrico and MoAllen like this.
  9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Working on a customized Kit Kat clock to match my daughter's cat. Her bday is next week.

10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

11. Bax

Bax Well-Known Member

Built a manly horse camper. I turned the front half of a horse trailer into a manly camper, so it'll still carry 2 horses but have living quarters for humans, too. No running water or sewer (jerry cans for water and porta-potty for poo), but I added 2 beds, A/C, fridge, microwave, lights in living quarters and rear stable area, external lights for the portable corral out back and a courtesy light by the camper-type side door, and a hutch for the "kitchen" area. Did some other little upgrades to the horse trailer along the way. It was a long project; took about 4 full days to complete (not counting the time to collect the resources and materials). Lots of cutting metal and fiberglass, wiring, constructing, etc. My luck, right in the middle of a hot/humid spell. Ick. Oh well. I can't control the weather. Finished in time for a camping trip this weekend; my bride is off testing my manly camper with some horsey-gal-pals at a state park where they have horse trails. So maybe it's not so manly. Maybe it was a manly project for womanly use instead. It was fun, though!
    :)
    - Bax

DaltonGang, Frijolero, gorgo2 and 2 others like this.
  12. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I went to Maggard Razors annual event; which for wet shavers is a trip to Mecca.

Enrico, Frijolero and gorgo2 like this.
  13. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Ditto.

14. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Instead of buying a new wheel assembly at Harbor Freight to replace a tire that was going flat, I bought an inner tube and changed it out with the leaky one. Now, my hand truck is useful again.
    tire.jpg
    innertube.jpg

Last edited: Jun 7, 2023
    MoAllen, DaltonGang, jaro and 2 others like this.
  15. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Mom is now in long-term care. So my sisters & I need to clear out her house. She’s fine with us taking some of her stuff that we want & she no longer needs/uses.

Among other things, I took her aquamarine ring. But it looked awful when I got it, because it hadn’t been cleaned since Moses had baby teeth.

Lots of sonic cleaning helped the stone. But there was too much gunk (I don’t want to know its composition) in the crevices of the gold. I’m pleased to say that my creative approach worked; I used the water flosser to force it out. I should have taken some “before” pics, but anyway, here it is, cleaned up. Sorry the pics aren’t better.

IMG_0224.jpeg IMG_0226.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
  16. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Yesterday, I went to Cabela’s & bought a Smith & Wesson... OK, it was a Smith & Wesson multi-tool, but doesn’t it sound more “manly” when I leave that last part out?

17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

More manliness- this one involves leather, wrenches AND WD-40.
    I had to punch a hole in some leather, using a modular punch. (That is, one handle, onto which you screw a punch with the right size hole.).

Punched the hole & found that the punch was stuck on the handle. So I sprayed some WD-40 on it. Later, I grabbed the wrench off that tool belt that I made, and it came off easily.

Frijolero, mrchick and richgem like this.
  18. richgem

Throw in some duct tape or super glue and you will win the internet. :D

Frijolero, Sara-s and mrchick like this.
  19. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I went over to the archery range with my cordless drill & a box of metal bits. Right there, I added some extra screw holes (and of course, the screws to fill them) to increase the structural integrity of my target stand. There are a finite number of these stands, with wheels and none are well-designed. It’s a given that they need extra screws. But sometimes, you don’t realize just how many until you use it a couple of times. To enhance the manliness, I covered each screw with epoxy putty. (Duct tape just wasn’t going to work this time.)

Next manly feat-as I am leaving the range, I encounter one guy who is frankly a dogmatic blowhard who is alway giving advice that is unsolicited and rarely good. I managed, with great manliness, to keep from putting the 1/2 inch bit into my drill & chasing him with it.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2023
    Frijolero, Enrico and swarden43 like this.
  20. richgem

The "Man, I hope they dont card me."

Frijolero likes this.