What Manly Things Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jwr0201, Jan 17, 2015.

1. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

Didn't cry during my blood draw

2. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Ha! I've had blood drawn so many time over the years—both for donation and for testing—that I'm immune to any anxiety.
    This weekend, however, I did draw some blood unexpectedly while polishing up some straight razors and managed to slice two of my fingers pretty well. It bled like nobody's business, but I wound up blotting it with shop towels, dabbing it with hydrogen peroxide, and sealing the slices with super glue. Stung like the dickens, but it did the job.
    :shocked029:

Dansco likes this.
  3. rmcintyre84

That wouldn't bug me. There's just something about needles. I'm a lot better than I used to be; 10 years of trips to the ER for unexplained allergic reactions helped. Still, I'd rather be punched in the nose. (I'm speaking from experience.)

HolyRollah likes this.
  4. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

well all I can say that I did manly today was drag my butt out of bed and put in a day of work....I do have a hockey game tonight though

CyanideMetal likes this.
  5. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

After nearly 30 years of self-administered injections, I'd prefer another needle versus a punch to the proboscis any day... :shocked029:

6. rmcintyre84

Not me. And punches to the proboscis always make for much better stories.

7. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

I changed out the GFCI outlet in our kitchen, then got what I thought was going to be a straight shave, but ended up being a cartridge shave at a barbershop.

8. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

It's not the needles that bother me. I grew up with many asthma hospitalizations, so like Kevin, I'm used to the needles. It's watching the tubes fill with my very own lifeblood that can make me a little woozy.

9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I built 2 dozen arrows from components thiss week. I hat to use the dremel cut-off wheel, to trim the points to the desired weight.

10. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

When I was in
    college I sold my plasma and they used huge needles. It cured me of any fear of needles.

11. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I used to run as a teen, then quit after the USN. Been seriously thinking about starting it up again when my heart test came back OK, so when I was out yesterday I found a like-new pair of Brooks running shoes for $2...had never heard of the brand before but they looked decent. Turns out it was a $150 pair three years ago (found a similar pair of Nikes for the same price and snagged them too). Spent yesterday gently washing them in Barbicide and stuffed newspaper dry. Today, after we got back from services, I went for my first tentative jog in over 25 years.

Lesson learned: 46 does not equal 16. Anyone who says age is all in the mind is lying or selling something. But it went better than I thought it would.

jeraldgordon likes this.
  12. Sevenbark

Sevenbark Well-Known Member

These only last a matter of days so after work I snapped a shot. Men like flowers to.

flowers 2015 03 15 post.jpg

DAN LEWIS, Sara-s and gorgo2 like this.
  13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Closest time I ever came to passing out was when I gashed open the back of my hand btw thumb and forefinger...the meaty part. Corpsman was scrubbing it out, blood everywhere, no problem, we were joking and such. When he was ready to stitch, the chief who was observing him moved the light to point right down into it and of course I looked. The meat was blue. Wasn't expecting that. Started to tunnel out.

14. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

The wife's dryer conked out last week, so I studied it a bit, researched a bit and ordered some parts. I pretty much took apart the H5 Kenmore dryer and installed new rollers, a pulley and a new belt. I shared with my 21 year old son some choice "appliance repair" words and he provided many adjectives to make those words even stronger and much more descriptive. But, the dryer is working quietly now!

txskimo likes this.
  15. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

The family that swears together stays together. ;)

Troy M likes this.
  16. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Wife and kids out of town with her mom, so I bought THE GREAT ESCAPE and MAGNIFICENT SEVEN at WM. Going to watch in awhile. Original Thomas Crown Affair is in the set too, but I don't care for it.

txskimo and Troy M like this.
  17. Tweezak

Tweezak Member

Yesterday (Saturday) was spent helping my step-dad frame and put up T-111 siding on the south side of his car port.
    Today I got up early, showered and shaved and then went to church like all real men should! After that the wife and I stopped by the pharmacy where I found they carry Pinaud Clubman after shave. I've never tried it before and it reminds me of my now-retired barber. My wife really made a big deal about how nice it smells. She is always buying me these fancy expensive colognes that I just end up giving to her son. Now I have something we both like and that actually serves a purpose.
    After we got home I switched from the wingtips to the Red Wing Iron Rangers and we set out to spread some Easter cheer.

Dansco and gwsmallwood like this.
  18. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Weather was lovely today. We went for an outdoor shoot.

txskimo and Bama Samurai like this.
  19. Tweezak

Tweezak Member

Real men shoot in their living room.

txskimo and jeraldgordon like this.
  20. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Had a great worship service today.

Had some friends over, fired up the grill and threw on some steaks.
    Finished up the afternoon with a very tasty Nicaraguan 2nd cigar.

richgem likes this.