What Manly Things Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jwr0201, Jan 17, 2015.

1. jamespasini69

jamespasini69 Well-Known Member

I washed and polished my Harley, custom made a back pad for my solo mount tour pak, installed lower saddlebag mounts. Waiting on upper mounts so I can re install hardbags.
    I have a 2007 softail deluxe that has fairing and hard bags (softail Bagger). The upper mounts broke and I lost a bag going 70 mph on the interstate. I recovered the bag but lost the brackets. Bag has minimal damage
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I used the wood burning tool to make a customized Sabbath bread board for my sister’s upcoming birthday. Side 1 says “Shabbat Shalom.”

B02A62C5-3B80-43B9-B35E-2AD99F431885.jpeg

Side 2 says her name ‘Zahavah Yaffah”.

5B08E5B0-7294-4C5B-A0A9-8FE50E885E1D.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  3. brit

brit in a box

having a few beers, watching goodwood festival of speed...

AGHisBBS likes this.
  4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Today I discovered that my hair is short enough that I can comb it just fine with a bladeless Old Type Gillette. Last week I discovered the blade should be removed first.

BigMark83, BigMike, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  5. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Well, better to learn things the hard way then not at all.

AGHisBBS, Erik Redd and NCoxSTL like this.
  6. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

So, none of your other combs made the cut?

7. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

That's better than waiting in line at the hairdresser for a permanent. There's nothing worse than a curly queue.

8. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Sounds like a hair-razoring experience

9. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

Replaced the broken hinges on my wife's bathroom window. It was a good excuse to use my chisels and hand planar to complete the alignment. Also, I cleaned some old light paint spray off the glass using a discarded Astra SP blade. It worked great, no scratches. I assume one could get similar results from, say, a Derby, but why take chances?
    ;)

AGHisBBS and Enrico like this.
  10. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Celebrated with my wife, twenty-seven years together in marriage. :angelic013:

11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Nyuk nyuk nyuk

AGHisBBS and wristwatchb like this.
  12. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I repaired the finish on one arm of my couch. On the side where I sit most often, it was rather scuffed. So I sanded it lightly and put a couple of coats of polyurethane on it.

AGHisBBS and richgem like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

beers at 12: o1

AGHisBBS and Erik Redd like this.
  14. Laird

Laird Well-Known Member

Got my Stihl FS-250 brushcutter started again by removing the carb and disassembling it to clean the screen. And ordered my first ever set of Naniwa stones to learn to hand sharpen knife blades (no straight razors for me thanks). Also finished cutting the grill cloth frames for a set of 15" JBL bass speakers I'm refurbishing. Have the new cloth (Sunn/Fender style), metal corners, 1/4 inch jacks and 10 gauge speaker wire ready to install on freshly Duratex coated cabinets.

BigMike and AGHisBBS like this.
  15. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I set up a folding bookcase. Having some concerns about its stability, I added a cross-brace to the back & a mantel top. The fun part was gettting them. Each piece had to be ordered from a different supplier. Here are some pics;
    30CB3A10-4900-4C5A-B595-FE1CB51168D7.jpeg
    E267276B-D28D-4E41-8699-90D0A43A35BB.jpeg

16. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Today I was eating lunch with my wife in a real nice place. This guy passed our table and said something nasty to my wife. Then I proceeded to knock the guy around.
    That wasn't the manly thing I did. The manly thing I did was to pick the guy up and put him back in his wheelchair and sign his body cast, get well soon.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

17. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

:rofl:

18. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:happy096: Very cool!

BTW do I see Elroy?

Elroy-Jetson.jpg

Sara-s likes this.
  19. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

You do see Elroy. You have good eyesight.

AGHisBBS and Enrico like this.
  20. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

No, just a kid at heart. :happy093:

AGHisBBS and Sara-s like this.