What motorcycle do you ride?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Stubble, Mar 22, 2007.

1. I have an almost identical '94 Magna with <600 miles on it, but I'm usually more of a eurotrash guy- Benelli, Ducati, Triumph, BSA, Laverda, Norton, MV Agusta, Bimota.

Mrs. Shlongini has a '95 Sportster 1200 with 186 miles on the odometer.

2. Padron

Padron Active Member

Wow, Nice bikes everyone....:D

Ken be careful out there, there is still alot of gravel and sand on the roads...

Remember a couple years ago the really bad accident on highway 6 by Golden that was caused by all the gravel on the roads..

3. DMS

DMS New Member

I've been between bikes for several years now but hope to have another someday that I'll enjoy as much as my last one. I rode this from Richmond VA to Vermont and back one week, on every backroad I could find between those two points. I regret selling that bike to this day.

Here's a pic of it before the factory seat was replaced with a Corbin. Blue Ridge Parkway, Virginia.
    [​IMG]

4. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Almost went out for a ride today, but still a bit too much sand and crap along the sides of the roads. Won't be long though! :D

2003 Specialized Allez Pro
    Full DuraAce
    Carbon fiber...pedals, seat post, fork, saddle and bottle cages
    Mavic Ksyriums with Veloflex Pavé tires
    3 chainrings (hey, after 40-50 miles, those hills get MUCH harder!)

I know I'm in the wrong thread, but hey, it has two wheels and it's a BIKE, right?! :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

5. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

I have a nice BMW 1150 GS .. Its my best friend and its almost time to let her out of the garage.. Cannot wait.. It has been (as it always is) a looooooong winter..

Attached Files:

6. MaduroMan_wcp

MaduroMan_wcp New Member

2005 Victory Kingpin in Pearl over Silver...
    she's my Baby....
    nice thing about Kalifornia is you can ride year round.
    if you are thinking about learning to ride, take a motorcycle training course.
    AND wear a good helmet...

7. eathaiku

eathaiku New Member

One of the many bike's I've had the pleasure of whippin' the throttle and wrappin' the tach:

[​IMG]
    I'm the scrawny,unshaven :ashamed001, guy in the front.

'79 Honda CBX ...with a few mods.

-dave

8. Jim

Jim The Goose Is Loose

A few mods :rofl

What did she run?

9. Padron

Padron Active Member

Sweet Bikes guys!! I love yours too Fergie :D

10. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

Holy Crap....Holy Crap... Wow.... :eek: I had the pleasure of riding a stock '79 CBX... they didn't need any modifications. Holy Moley... I want to do know what she did too..... how fast?

11. Will

Will Nevermind

I think Dave redefined the term Crotch Rocket! :D

12. eathaiku

eathaiku New Member

Jim:
    Mama Bear:
    At Bonneville, she did a top 186mph (and some change). At the Texas Mile (an old county landing strip in south Texas) she did 196mph(...and change). Not too bad for an old bike...as my Dad would say. (he's the fine mechanic that let's me dial in the 15lbs of boost!!!). You can checkout the stories/pics at www.losleos.com. She's currently is in 'semi-retirement' while gather more ideas, dinero, and HUEVOS! If she doesn't race again, we're considering other two-wheeled racers (maybe a trail70 :rofl ).

Mama Bear:
    You're quite right. I've pushed the envelope a time or two on the street, ;) , and they'll let you know the true, crude, power beasts they are!

-dave

13. Jim

Jim The Goose Is Loose

Next time out lets see you wearing the red hat!
    Good luck.

14. Baron

Baron New Member

I've been thinking about getting a Rocket III... anyone have thoughts, good bad or otherwise?

I know people can be very opinionated about bikes... so hopefully I'm not stirring up too much.

15. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Haven't ridden many triumph's, but I hear they're great bikes.

16. One I'm not getting rid of any time soon.

Attached Files:

17. Will

Will Nevermind

I will trade you a Tub of cream for her! :rofl

Nice bike TS!

18. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

Where do you ride this one Jay? God it looks like fun. I think I am too old for that much fun tho.... :o :p

19. Baron

Baron New Member

Right now I have a '93 Honda 750 Nighthawk which served me well as a first bike.

I'm torn on the next one though between these two... and they're totally different styles which doesn't help.

Attached Files:

20. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I Want It!

I want one real bad but it not looking too good. Family is against it. I even went so far to get a permit. Got 100% on it even but I let it expire. :(:o The beginning bike I wanted was a Yamaha V-Star Silverado or Custom. Nothing fancy but a nice cruising beginning bike.

[​IMG]