What pocket knife do you carry?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by DesertTime, Jun 9, 2017.

1. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

Until about 6:00 last night I had a nice spyderco that I have carried for a few years. I have no idea where it went, but I have lost it. I have already counted 6 times today that I wanted use my knife. I think I'll spend the rest of the day looking for it. :sad024:

gorgo2 and RyX like this.
  2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Bummer! I hope it turns up. (If it does, of course, it will be when you are looking for something else.)

3. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

I think it's more likely to show up as soon as I get a shipping confirmation on a replacement.

178-bplatoon, AGHisBBS and Sara-s like this.
  4. Killerflyingbugs

Killerflyingbugs Well-Known Member

I usually carry a Gerber gator. The older made in the USA ones.

GatorJoe, wristwatchb and RyX like this.
  5. johnnyflake

johnnyflake Well-Known Member

For over 50 years, I have always carried two knives on me. Of course, they have changed over the years, but not very often. For over 20 years now, I have carried a Classic, USA made, Buck 110 Folder in a Holster on my belt, and for about the last 4 years, I have carried a Gerber, Bear Gillis Folder in a pocket. I believe they are made in China, but it is a very worth knife. MVC-007S.JPG

gorgo2, dbersh, GatorJoe and 4 others like this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH! Staff Member

Very good tool. Got my first one back when I had a '68 F-100 that leaked & burned oil. It worked well cutting a pour hole in the top of quart cans to keep the crank case lubed. Traded that well worn one to my brother for a '76 stag handled Case 5265 folding hunter. It was (still is) too pretty to treat rough. Not too long after I got another Buck 110. Don't know what happened to that second Buck, but dad gifted me another 110 couple years ago & I'm still carrying it. The cheap woven nylon holster wore out so it's in a slightly less cheap Gerber holster until that fails.

7. DaveO

DaveO Active Member

I carry a Case Peanut in my pocket because it is small and very sharp.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  8. Edsland

Edsland Member

Swiss army camper. I have a fisherman that I switch off

AGHisBBS likes this.
  9. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I must admit that the past few months the only knife that I have with me is an Opinel #6. Small enough to fit in my pocket, large enough to be useful, and looks perfectly pedestrian and tool like.

A Swiss Army Knife or a classy Laguiole look very nice, but as a simple tool it's hard to beat the Opinels.

10. johnnyflake

Pictures please!

11. johnnyflake

I love Mora and Opinel Knives. Carried and Opinel in my pocket for years.

gorgo2 and AGHisBBS like this.
  12. Hammer8

Hammer8 Well-Known Member

I carried a Buck Stockman for years until it fell out of my pocket while working on a tractor. I’ve had a Buck model 112 in a belt sheath ever since.

13. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

Well I’m back to a Buck. The Spyderco Lil’Native, I just never got used to it and has been sitting in its box in a drawer for about 2 months, likely will let it go.
    Bought several Bucks in December and have been carrying the 340 ever since.
    The Dec 2018 Buck of the Month and a 112 LT, both waiting patiently for a turn.
    [​IMG]

gorgo2, GatorJoe, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.
  14. steve207

steve207 Well-Known Member

I carry my grandpa's knife from the 30s or 40s BARLOW pocket knife when i got it it was very dull it took me a week to sharpen it and 4 years to dull it one hell of a good knife they don't make them like this anymore i lost it one or twice i went ape shit and turned my place upside down and side ways to find it it's on me all the time i feel naked without it

15. Chuck Naill

Chuck Naill Well-Known Member

Two Boker barlows, a Case whittler, and for hiking a Cold Steel