what razor do you use?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by alpla444, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Merkur 41C Open Comb razor, on the basis that it's the one I now own.

alpla444 and HolyRollah like this.
  2. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

How are you liking the open comb?

I use two OC razors in the rotation— Goodwill & New—and really enjoy the feel and the results.

My current razor has been the Slant-Bar—on loan from Battle Munkey who "guilted me" into trying a slant ;) —and I've been quite impressed with it. So much so that I'm thinning the Gillette herd a bit in order to make room for a new slant bar.

alpla444 likes this.
  3. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

I've been waiting on this one to come out.
    [​IMG]

alpla444 likes this.
  4. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

I freely admit my choice of this particular OC model was 75% aesthetic, but I've had no complaints about it so far. If anything, it's less aggressive/pressure sensitive/troublesome for a new DE shaver than I would have believed was the case from reading folks' discussions on various shaving forums. No damage to my face or neck makes it a good razor in my book, regardless of whether it ultimately stays as my DE razor of choice.

5. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Here it is (another sneak preview) for those who prefer stainless silver the Blue look:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

...although I AM still partial to this big boy at the top of this pic — the Merkur 39c 'Sledgehammer' —shown with the 37c I've been using. Less than 1/2 the cost of the Ikon.
    [​IMG]

6. Hardlyanic

Hardlyanic Active Member

At this time My only DE is a Lord L5 :(

7. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

My recent go to has been my Schick Krona. I think it's a better razor than Gillette Super Speeds and Techs.

8. Adonis

Adonis Well-Known Member

My current rotation - '72 Super Speed, '69 Gillette Black Handle TTO, Maggard Razors M3, '74 Tech head w/ Muhle handle

9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I just use one; my Super Adjustable.

10. VedderLG

VedderLG Well-Known Member

Parker 91r for daily use (I have really been enjoying this razor despite its reputation) and Parker 24c when I skip a few days (usually Monday after a weekend).

11. KnockOut Shave

KnockOut Shave Well-Known Member

I use whichever razor feels good. Ive been using my schick injectors a lot right now. They are just fun and give a fantastic shave.

12. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Depends. I only own two right now A Weber and a Tech. Both frankenrazors. I can say that neither one really outshines the other.

13. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Right now it's Edwin Jagger DE89. Merkur Progress gets used a lot. As does my FH Tech. I went through a very long time where I only used a Muhle R41.

14. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

I try to rotate to a razor that gives a completely different type of shave to the last one for example if I have used my R41 then I might go to the Slim. After the slim I go to the Superspeed which feels so much lighter in my hand then the slim. After the Superspeed its then onto the tech, with a head completely different to the Superspeed. Then finally the EdwinJagger DE89

15. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

"A slim fixed head" I'm not familiar with that one

16. Tattoobob

Tattoobob Well-Known Member

Using EJ89 on regular bases, going to feather blades in couple week. Then going to 64 slim adj. and dial that in.

17. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

is there one you want instead of the red tip?

18. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

That pretty much sums it up for me, though I've been stuck on my SC101 for quite a while! :)