What scents do you like?

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Queen of Blades, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Weishi Warrior

Weishi Warrior Well-Known Member

Fresh espresso
    Lilacs in summer
    A steak sizzlin on the grill
    Low and slow BBQ
    Thanksgiving
    Cake in the oven
    Peanut butter
    Fresh Basil
    Fresh cilantro
    Chicken Vesuvio
    Vanilla
    a Mojito
    Roasting marshmallows

2. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

peppermint
    fresh sawdust
    fresh coffee...
    apple
    cinnamon (but not uber thick like it is overused during the holidays)
    leather
    campfire roasted meat

3. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

I like drying laundry, cinnamon, roses, that morning dewy grass scent, that burst off the zest when you are peeling an orange, and a good smelling cigar or pipe that you'll catch on the air when you're out and about. :D

4. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Welcome to The Shave Den! A great community of guys and gals that enjoy wet shaving, I hope you enjoy your stay!

While its not required, how about you hop over to the Newbies Section and give yourself a proper introduction thread, I'm sure you'll receive many warm welcomes from the friendly folks of this community.

5. SmallTank

SmallTank New Member

:happy102
    hmm..whate else..there is a new Peppermint chocolate Mousse dessert here in California..might wanna try some.my wife enjoy it!

ST

6. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

The scents that evoke the strongest memories for me:

Orange blossoms - As soon as I smell them I think of Jeff and warmth and then something happens in my belly. ;)

Hay - Summers in Oklahoma were full of heat, humidity, and the smell of fresh cut hay.

Cotton drying in the sun - I love drying my sheets outdoors but there is no opportunity to do that living in a townhome.

Chocolate Chip cookies - Divine!

Chicken feed - Reminds me of my Daddy, when we'd go feed the chickens each morning and slop the hogs ... those were the days. :)

7. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Brand new tires!

Diesel Fuel!

Warm Woman! (G Rated, I swear)

The Beach! - eight weeks away from vaycay now!

8. Lavachild

Lavachild Active Member

I want to echo this. I spent every summer in Toas, NM till I was 16. It would rain everyday for about 20 minutes and then go right back to sunny skies. The smell that remained I can’t only assume was native to the mountains. Everytime I smell something like it, it takes me back to childhood.

Also:
    Leather
    Pesto
    Sawdust
    Anymeal from Morocco

9. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Humidity in Oklahoma?:confused:

10. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

Oh yeah .. worse than FL humidity :eek:

11. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Yes, yes yes! That sweet ozone it is about to rain smell! Very nice!

Also the smell of the eucalyptus trees in SoCal after it rains; all lemony and menthol-ish and stuff!

Welcome to TSD! This is the best wet shave board on the planet! but you already knew that!

12. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Basic as in not colognes or aftershaves.

Welcome to The Shave Den! :signs046

SPAMMER!! :eek:

I actually made a requested custom blend for a gent that turned out smelling like hay to him. He was pleased.

Great posts everyone! :happy096 Many smells listed that I agree are very enjoyable.

13. Definitely the smell inside of Grandfather's jar of Bourbon/Cherry pipe tobacco.

...all the of aroma's when passing through a town with a festival in progress...

.... the occasional smell of leaves burning somewhere when driving home from work in fall.

ok getting depressed.... Want winter to be over NOW! :)

14. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Puppy breath! :D

Man, I miss my dog.

terben likes this.
  15. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Lots have been mentioned so far but (and thanks to Jeff (stingraysrock) for jogging my memory).....FRUITY PEBBLES!!!!!!!

Fruity Pebbles smell amazing. And Fruit Strip gum back when they used real sugar and not that acesulfame BS they put in it now.

16. YES I LOVE THAT GUM! Wow I think something's gonna fall outta my head if y'all keep tweakin it like that...

17. Lavachild

Lavachild Active Member

WoW. Thanks Jeff. How can I forget Eucalyptus? I grew up in San Diego. Those threes are everywhere. I moved to Hollywood in my twenties and never realized how much I depended on the smell of eucalyptus till it was gone.

I keep telling myself someday I will build a sauna and burn the leaves for the steam. Someone once told me they were poisonious and then another said they were not. I Dunno what to believe.

IAN

18. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

They are poisonous in terms of eating them, but for steam/scent they are just fine.

19. aberneth

aberneth Member

Wet stone, freshly laundered and dried wool (the kind that smells bad when it's wet), rhododendron leaves, magnolias in bloom, the smell of a cedar humidor.

20. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

- leaves burning on cold rainy day in the fall.
    - suntan lotion on the beach
    - sitting in a sugar shack cooking down maple syrup
    - steaks cooking on the grill
    - bacon cooking
    - warm towels fresh from the dryer
    - coffee, cigars & pipes
    - napalm burning