What Straight Razor Did You Use Today?

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by lindyhopper66, Nov 30, 2013.

1. entropy1049

entropy1049 Well-Known Member

They're olive wood. Olive trees all over Perugia. Seemed like appropriate scale material :).

Drygulch and lindyhopper66 like this.
  2. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Welcome back. I'm glad you are starting to feel better.

Turk, bald as, ob1page and 1 other person like this.
  3. mrchick

Yet another beautiful razor. Between you and Holyrollah's pics, I don't think I'll ever shake my SRAD

4. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

I wish I knew. I bought around 6 brushes on a forum B/S/T a year ago for less than one brush. No name for any of them or where the knots came from.

mrchick and Billyfergie like this.
  5. pundi64

pundi64 Well-Known Member

Used my custom made Korrat razor, which I would recommend to all users, if they are interested in having a great shave. I'd like to add, after shaving several times with this razor, I finally slightly muted down the point of the blade a bit, got tired of hitting ear lob, or where it attaches to my head, also sometimes hitting the tip on the underside of my chin, for weepy bleeders, now after doing this, it is perfect, never have any problems. The blade point was just too damn sharp, done the same on a couple other razors of mine, better for me, even when taking special care not to hit the point around my face. s-l1600.jpg s-l1600.jpg2.jpg

Their website ordering is fully customizable to get what you want it a razor

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  6. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

7. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

8. mrchick

9. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

[​IMG]
    Two Pass Shaving Routine...:cool:

Hot Water prep & massage with Argan Oil
    Crown & Sword Solingen 7/8th
    Fitcher Pure Badger
    Vitos Tallow Soap
    Logona Mann Aftershave Balm

I had a Shave today with my Crown & Sword 7/8th..One WTG Pass & One ATG Pass & Dolphin Smooth..I Got a Sample of MWF to try & it Burned my Face all to Hell & Back During my 2nd Pass..I Rinsed off & Turned to my Trusty Vitos..:)

My Face is Scarlet Red & Todays Post Shave was Absolute Keeech..:happy097:

Billy..:chores016:

10. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

I'm sorry about the face scorcher Billy, but I'm happy to see such a beautiful brush you have. :)

JR Reyes and Billyfergie like this.
  11. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

:thanks:Roby..I got that for £4.00 English..Its was an NOS French Job..My Face is Sore..:sad024:

Billy..:chores016:

Robyflexx likes this.
  12. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

You stole it! :D

Billyfergie likes this.
  13. sir_mike

sir_mike Well-Known Member

Straight shave #2 yesterday.

Okay so I did another straight shave this time using my other straight the the Dubl Duck. I kept the time between shaves the same as the first one, 4th day, same soap Cella and same brush so hopefully I could compare edge sharpness to a degree. In other words to see which one is sharper!

First I have to say that the Dubl Duck doesn't not seem sharp at all, even less than the Torrey felt on the first shave so it took longer. I also got a jab by the left ear, my opposite side from the point part on the blade, whereas the Torrey is more rounded.

Anyway, the shave was as I said slower and I did one extra pass plus some cleanup just to get a good shave but not great. I could also feel a slight irritation in one of my rougher spots to do since I went over it more times that I should have to.

Well, the second straight shave is done. I am going to try to strop both razors on a piece of scrap leather, belt size that was new/unused scrap so I can see if the smooth side will bring back some sharpness to continue to use them until I can get them refreshed.

Thx

DublDuck2.jpg

DublDuck.jpg

14. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    First off HUGE Thank You to our own @Keithmax who took it upon himself to send me out a CJB and a Pack of Featherblades all the way from Korea just because I mentioned I would like to try one out :)

Took some me time this morning, no shave testing all your guy's SR's hehehe

[​IMG]

Close exacting shave,,,

15. old-school shaver

old-school shaver Well-Known Member

Nothing more relaxing than a str8 razor shave after an exhausting day at the foundry.
    RAZOR- J A Henckels 33 Solingen Germany
    LATHER- Ogallala Genuine Bay Rum Lime &Peppercorn soap.
    BRUSH- Omega Boar
    POST- Osma Alum Block, Ogallala Genuine Bay Rum Lime&Peppercorn Aftershave.
    Getting better at shaving with the str8s. Really enjoy the art of the wetshave. So many avenues to venture down, straight razors, single edge razors, injector razors , double edge razors, wedge blades, soaps, creams, boar, badger, horse hair, synthetic, brushes. So many different things to try and only one face to shave .
    Ken P.

IMG_20160504_184827.jpg

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  16. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Takahana Feon 172
    IMG_2528 2.jpg

17. kamp

kamp Well-Known Member

Koraat 6/8 wedge "the White Queen"
    OSP Bay Rum
    Pinaud Bay Rum
    Prep asb

My 4 days growth did not have a chance against this Koraat!!
    image.jpeg

18. entropy1049

entropy1049 Well-Known Member

19. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

Hello TSD ;)

0505r.jpg
    - RazoRock Mudder Focker
    - Mühle STF
    - T.W. Lang "The Gaelic"
    - Tüff sensitiv Rasierwasser

20. Norcalnewb