What Straight Razor Did You Use Today?

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by lindyhopper66, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Saturday Straights' Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Wash
    Col. Conk Bay Rum
    Jayaruh #339 Boar
    Weck Sextoblade Med
    Personna
    CWR
    Lucky Tiger

My prep was just a cold water rinse. The Col. Conk Bay Rum Shave Soap face lathered well with the Jayaruh #339 Boar brush. I did two passes with the Weck Sextoblade Med razor with a Personna blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Lucky Tiger AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Keithmax, mrchick, oscar11 and 6 others like this.
  2. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Thanks @Steve56 - Sadly they only have enough stock to allow one tub but I decided to try their aftershave as well. Great prices and low shipping. :happy088:

Keithmax, TestDepth and Billyfergie like this.
  3. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
    Wester Bros Solingen Full Hollow 5/8th
    Kent Pure Badger
    Valobra Tallow Soap
    Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Just had a Lovely Early Morning Shave Today with My Wester Bros Solingen 5/8th..It Has a Very Thin Grind this SR & its an Impeccable Shaver..A Very Keen Edge & Super Smooth on the Skin..I Love this Razor..:D upload_2019-2-23_15-23-43.gif

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:happy108:

Billy...:chores016:

Attached Files:

lindyhopper66, Keithmax, brit and 6 others like this.
  4. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Today, I used my Böker King Cutter. I applied Stirling Bay Rum soap with my Omega Pro 49. Finished with Stirling Bay Rum AS. 20190223_104618.jpg

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  5. Rkep01

Rkep01 Well-Known Member

I just received a C. W. Dahlgren frameback from the much-maligned dude with the $190 "shorty", which was chronicled on the Unscrupulous Ebay Sellers thread. Funny thing about it is I checked out the listing of said "shorty" and looked at his other listings. He had this Dahlgren frameback, which looked pretty good, listed for $24 Buy It Now or Make Offer. I offered him $20 and he accepted. It came yesterday and was sharp right out of the packaging, but not quite shave ready. Instead of heading to the hones straight away, I decided to first try to refresh the edge by stropping 8 passes with chrome on felt then 12 passes with .5 micron diamond on felt, finishing with 50 passes on kangaroo leather. It certainly did produce a shave ready blade, which I used this A.M. to get a nice, but not quite BBS.

20190223_111910.png
    I used Stirling Barbershop Soap applied with an Omega brush followed by an application of Barbershop AS, which has become my favorite scent.

The medallions etched into the blade are barely visible from a face on view. But, when you turn the blade so that the light falls on it at an angle, the medallions appear as if the were holographic! A really amazing effect!

20190222_172146.png

I decided, due to the delicacy of the etchings to just clean the blade and leave it alone. It is truly an amazing razor. I'm going to try to find some more of them.

6. Steve56

Steve56 Hone Hoarder

9FF4842E-979E-4739-96B5-6C61F5D1A030.jpeg

Simple and sweet, 6/8 Le Grelot 352 Lotus, cream was Acqua di Parma as was the balm. A Simpsons 57 mixed up the air, water, and cream.

Cheers, Steve

7. TestDepth

TestDepth Well-Known Member

Steve - you have some beauties and this is one of my favorites! Beautiful.

8. Steve56

Steve56 Hone Hoarder

Thank you sir!

Cheers, Steve

9. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
  10. M14Shooter

M14Shooter Well-Known Member

Saturday's Shave
    6/8 377 Ed Wusthof Stainless Steel

Had a wonderful close shave with this blade.Shaves like a dream sporting one of Doc226 Kita Edges.Doc also did the Walnut Burl scales with CA Finish.
    rps20190223_140056_503.jpg

11. Trigger

Shooter, you have a nice looking straight and a great setup.

12. Briscoe

Briscoe Well-Known Member

Iwasaki
    Rubberset 400-4
    Poraso Azur Lime Cream
    True Gentleman Preshave Oil
    John Varvatos Artesian Aftershave

Always a pleasure to shave with this hand made razor by Iwasaki himself.

Enjoy your evening gentlemen ![​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

13. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Super sharp and smooth, 2 pass shave, from this American made razor, left me BDBS. I have a couple made by this company, their quality, and steel are superb.

Razor- Shapleigh HDW Co.. St Louis U.S.A.
    Brush- RazoRock 400, with WD High Mountain Badger.
    Soap- TOBS Cedarwood. Excellent lather, and Slickness.
    Aftershave- Arctic Blue

P2230812.JPG

mrchick, Keithmax, Trigger and 8 others like this.
  14. TestDepth

TestDepth Well-Known Member

Spent the day playing with a set of scales for a ROMO... I’m digging how it is turning out.
    Decided to turn to a little man-pampering for the Saturday shave. Plus, you guys are bringing out the heavy artilery today - very nice!
    845028B6-8006-4C0D-9A65-2F776BF9483D.jpeg
    Filarmonica DT 14
    Interesting one in that there is no gold wash on the blade face and never was. The face instead has the retail establishment that sold it in the Argentinian mkt “El Fauno” and address in Buenos Aires. It also has a number 22-75, so I think I can assume it was a 1975 razor, falling in that “2nd generation” timeframe, but still before JMP passsed in the late 70’s early 80’s.
    Enjoy your shave.
    Tom

15. brit

brit in a box

gorgeous razor..

Steve56, oscar11, Billyfergie and 2 others like this.
  16. Steve56

Steve56 Hone Hoarder

196CB60A-AE80-4423-BE07-ECB8DC710EA9.jpeg

Sunday morning shave, user-grade Filly 14, cream was SMN lathered with a two-band badger in a Rooney-type style 3 size 1 handle. A bit of Thayers rose petal left me soft and smooth.

Heers, Steve

17. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

Hackett Diamond
    MWF
    Polar Shaving Synthetic
    Brut Classic

Great shave this morning. The knot on this brush is a G4 synthetic fiber that is supposed to rival Muhle STF. Great knot IMO, if you enjoy face lathering. Have a good one.
    [​IMG]

18. M14Shooter

M14Shooter Well-Known Member

7/8 Dorko 856
    Had a lovely close shave with this Solingen blade .
    rps20190224_140512_960.jpg

19. Trigger

Great post, Steve! I like the aquamarine color on the scales because it is unique.

Steve56, oscar11 and TestDepth like this.
  20. Trigger

Shooter, that razor says it all! Thanks for sharing with a nice pic!