What type of brush do you use the most.

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Ceferguson, May 1, 2014.

?

What type of brush do you use more often for shaving.

Poll closed Jun 1, 2014.
  1. Silver tip badger

26.3%
  2. Best or better badger

26.3%
  3. Horse hair

7.0%
  4. Boar hair

35.1%
  5. Synthetic hair

5.3%
  1. Ceferguson

Ceferguson Well-Known Member

Wanted to see what type of brush is most popular

PatrickA51 likes this.
  2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Semogue 1305

imGrunt and PatrickA51 like this.
  3. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

I have 4 brushes, 2 badger, 2 boar that I use on a regular basis. I use whatever seems like a good idea at 5:30 A.M. I've been on a boar bender lately. Badger tomorrow, for sure.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  4. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Vie-Long 13061 horse mane and tail.

Hthomas and PatrickA51 like this.
  5. mickeyobe

mickeyobe Active Member

Frank's Finest badger.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  6. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Used to be a Semogue 1305 until I dropped it on ceramic tile and chipped the paint. Not long after that, I ordered an H.I.S 1865 synthetic for travel. It lathers creams and soft soaps so well I reach for it probably 90% of the time. Sort of amazing in a way, that it holds water very well, aiding in lathering, but also dries quicker.

Hthomas likes this.
  7. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

I have a Simpsons Colonel and a Semogue 1305 that I alternate between each day. I love them both, but I would choose the Colonel if I had to keep just one.

8. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

How the heck do you have just four brushes? I figured you would have several dozen.

battle.munky likes this.
  9. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I have seven I use in rotation: 4 badger (3 silver tip, 1 super), 2 boar, 1 syn. I suppose the number indicate my preference.
    I like the variety.

10. Luteplayers

Luteplayers Well-Known Member

HMW in an Oscar11 handle 99% of the time. Right now I an using a TGN finest Two Band in a handle I was PIFd by Oscar11, because I have loaned the HMW to my BIL whom I am trying to convert to a DE.

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  11. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I have a W/D 30/65 Silver Tip Badger. I have a VDH Pure Badger, a VDH Pure Boar. I have an Oscar11 it's got a TGN Knot. I also have a Oscar11 Handle. I am going to put a 28mmF-2 TGN knot in it also.
    I really use my W/D brush the most.

12. KLF

KLF Doctorin

My Omega Pro 20248 sees daily action

13. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

My brush of choice is a Simpsons Berkeley, the brush that's duty ready is my Semogue 750. And of course, I've got to use my Turkish #6 horsey.

14. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I use my custom Shavemac Silvertip the most, but I've started rotating it with my Semogue 1520 boar to get an extra day to dry.

15. Doryferon

Doryferon Well-Known Member

I have 34 brushes in rotation
    Pure-Black badgers are my favourite and i have to test some more Mixed badgers
    Sometimes just for a break i use my Boars-Synthetics.
    If i am not in a mood for something tough then i turn to my silvertips-best.

16. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

I have a Semogue 2000 boar that is very pretty to look at, but I rarely use it. (too puffy/floppy. too much like a badger brush :()
    I also have an Omega 6234 badger, but I don't care for it at all so I use it to wash my face in the shower.
    The first string team for me is all boar! I like and use daily the Omega 10048, Omega 10098, Omega 10066, and Omega 10049.
    These guys work well with hard soaps, soft soaps, creams and liquids. I've found nothing better.
    It's kind of like the all flannel channel on TV, but with Omega boar brushes. :D

fat face likes this.
  17. Tjebbe

Tjebbe Well-Known Member

Mostly I use my synthetic Black Fibre (23 mm), soft and sturdy!

Bristle Me likes this.
  18. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

Gotta read the fine print, "that I use on a regular basis". Seriously though, I don't like to have a lot of brushes. I like to experiment with them so a lot of brushes are coming and going. I have an additional 3 or 4 around that I plan on reknotting, are travel brushes or a little on the small side for regular use. I do like big knots. I'm very happy with these main 4 brushes and really have no need for any others.

PatrickA51 and Lexicon Devil like this.
  19. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Nine badger, six boar, two synthetic, one badger/boar mix.
    Some modern, some vintage. Some large, some small. All are mixed into the rotation.
    I guess the one I use on a regular basis would be considered a favorite.

@HolyRollah :taunt002:

Pop Pops Razor and HolyRollah like this.
  20. LookingGlass

LookingGlass Well-Known Member

The chip is cosmetic and does not impact the performance of this wonderful Semogue. This brush has been on the VintageScent top seller list for a long, long time. Sure would like to see it getting use. Perhaps a deal or PIF to a newbie? I am pretty sure you will find a taker.

Just a thought.:)