What unattainable shaving item do you wish you could find?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Ksblazer, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I've been looking for a Personna Floating Head injector. When I find one, I hope I won't be disappointed.
    [​IMG]

Ksblazer, gorgo2, Enrico and 2 others like this.
  2. octoserge

octoserge Member

For me it’d be a Swing Sweden DE safety razor or a vintage Matador DE. Been looking for both of these for a while now...

Ksblazer, gorgo2 and Enrico like this.
  3. efsk

efsk Active Member

A&F is a Merkur version of their very rare OC slant. I know of three versions: A&F, Merkur, unbranded. The cap has more similarities with the regular Merkur slants than with the Valencia's. It is a model I'm still looking for, large Merkur OC slant shaped hole in my collection.
    Valencia are beautiful razors, where I like the thin handles even more than the fat handles. I've several of these.

Ksblazer, gorgo2 and esvh like this.
  4. esvh

esvh Well-Known Member

Look at the tradera.se site. Most sellers are willing to ship outside sweden or the nordic countries. Check the Frakt/shipment section.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
    gorgo2 likes this.
  5. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    What do you mean by "The cap has more similarities with the regular Merkur slants than with the Valencia's."?

The A&F slant I saw looked exactly like an old type Gillette head, aside from the slant twist. The regular merkur slants have a trapezoid shaped top cap.

gorgo2 likes this.
  6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

A toggle would be pretty cool. Also the brown mustache my husband used to have. Explanation- it was mostly dark, until he shaved it off when he was in Iraq. When he grew it back, once he came home, it was pretty white. He insists that it's because Amazon sent him the wrong mustache.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
    MelC, Ksblazer, gorgo2 and 4 others like this.
  7. speedster

speedster Well-Known Member

An Iwasaki tamahagane razor or a blade made my Yukio Kamijo. That isn’t asking too much is it? <sigh>. ;)

gorgo2, PLANofMAN and Enrico like this.
  8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

How about a nice 7 day set. :happy097:

:eatdrink013:

gorgo2 and speedster like this.
  9. efsk

efsk Active Member

That is pretty interesting to know, as I now have yet another item to search for. Still, Merkur used different type caps: their superslant has what is basically a Fasan-cap.

Ksblazer, gorgo2 and PLANofMAN like this.
  10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

If someone starts making a good lime foam (looking at you B-sol) I'm putting back a case. Or two.

Ksblazer and Enrico like this.
  11. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Had one briefly about 10 years ago. Shaved the same as the single ring, near as I could tell.

Primotenore, Angelo85 and Enrico like this.