What was your workout today?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by ram57, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Mr.Diehl

Mr.Diehl Member

Sheiko #37, week one. Basically several hundred squat, bench and deadlift reps and tons of chest and hammy work. I am on the road to a powerlifting meet next summer. I'm going for 1000 total @ 132lb bodyweight. If I can lose 10 pounds, that is...

ram57 likes this.
  2. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

30 minutes on recumbent bike followed by 25 minutes on treadmill and ended workout with 20 minutes in sauna.

3. ram57

Incline press x 4, Machine flyes x 4, bench press x 4, Hammer dips x 4.

Triceps press-downs x 4, Hammer machine reverse grip dips x4, , cable overhead triceps extension x 4, dumbbell bent over triceps extension x 4. All sets above done with weight added progressively.

Finished off with 20 minutes in the sauna.

4. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

I had chest and triceps on Saturday, and it felt great.
    On Sunday morning I managed a short run. I am trying to move from a heel strike to a forefoot strike using Vibram Five Fingers, and that is quite the transition so it is crucial to take things slow.
    The fact that my stamina is so terrible that short run is the only option, is a well kept secret and I am sticking to the Five Fingers story.

ram57 likes this.
  5. ram57

Took today off but back at it tomorrow.

6. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Several seated curls with pulled Pork sandwiches and cold beer.

ram57 likes this.
  7. Norseman

Normally I only have about an hour free to work out, but since I had some extra time yesterday I managed to squeeze in both a leg and shoulder shoulder session at the gym. Followed by a short run afterwards.
    Actually it was more of a walk with some running in between :) But hopefully I will get better.

ram57 likes this.
  8. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

All around town, on foot, with 20 pounds of books.

ram57 likes this.
  9. ram57

Seated Military Press x3, Upright row x4, standing dumbbell press pinky up x 4, Machine Reverse Flyes x4 (weight added progressively for each set).
    Adductor machine x4 then Abductor Machine x 4 (weight added progressively for each set).

Did vertical chair knee raise x4 but on last set rep 17 pulled muscles on R rib cage so ended my workout. Finished off with 25 minutes in sauna.

10. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I ride a bicycle back and forth to work every day. It's about 11 miles round trip with a massive 3/4 mile climb both ways. Town square is on a hill. On the way home I have an extra climb of 1/3 mile because my apartment complex is on a hill too. I also lift people all night and walk hallways for 8 hours inbetween bike rides.

ram57 likes this.
  11. ram57

Stayed home sick today so no workout...:(

12. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Feel better, Guy.

13. ram57

Thanks Jasman. Definitely not the way I wanted to spend my last the last day of my long weekend running to the restroom every hour or so. Maybe five straight days of smoked meats for lunch and dinner was too rich for my stomach, but boy was it good.

14. ram57

Seated long cable rows x4, Hammer rows x4, wide grip pull downs x4, Close grip behind head pull downs x 4 (all progressive weight).

Incline dumbbell curl x 4(progressive), preacher curls x4(progressive), run the rack dumbbell curls 47.5, 42.5, 37.5, 32.5, 27.5, 22.5 no rest between each set, Behind Head Cable Curl x4 (progressive) hammer Curls x4 (progressive)

Ended workout with 20 minutes in the sauna.

Norseman likes this.
  15. Norseman

Chest workout yesterday, with a little triceps isolation afterwards.
    Dumbbell Press x 3
    Cable Pec Fly x 3
    Low Cable Fly x 3
    Decline Bench Press x3
    I usually do not do so many cable flies, but I just wanted to try something new :)

Triceps Cable Pushdown x3
    Reverse Grip Cable Pushdown x3

The most difficult thing with this workout was finding out what the exercises are all called in English :)

ram57 likes this.
  16. ram57

Picking up granddaughter right after work so no workout today.

17. ram57

Incline press x 4, Machine flyes x 4, bench press x 4, Hammer Machine Dips x 4.

Scott triceps press-downs x 4, Hammer machine reverse grip dips x4, , cable overhead triceps extension x 4, Bent over Triceps Extension x 4. All sets above done with weight added progressively.

Ended workout with 20 minutes in the sauna.
    Guy :cool:

18. ram57

Severe sinus infection making it difficult to breath today so going to skip the cardio and just sit in sauna for 25 minutes.

19. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

More traipsing around with books for me today, 2 hours or more anticipated time of workout.

20. ram57

Sinus issues kicked my rear again today and skipping working as it is difficult enough to breath as it is let alone a workout on top of it.