What would you do if you received a brush like this?

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by zec668, Feb 9, 2016.

1. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I only checked one website, but there was no pocket or bunch out of alignment or whatever missing in the pic or mentioned in the description.

As long as we consumers take hits for vendors, we will slide further and deeper into crappier products.

zec668, BigCabDaddy and Robyflexx like this.
  2. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Get outta here, there are people here with brushes that are hundreds of dollars. Paying 10 bucks for a fake brush and expectecting perfection is being mentally diluted. I have that same brush and it's not perfect and it still took an insanely awesome SOTD photo today. Italian Barber did me a favor selling that brush at that price not the other way around. :innocent

Segafan#1, Spyder, Keithmax and 4 others like this.
  3. battle.munky

I do understand what you are saying, I do.

Lets say that we all got crappy 10 dollar brushes often. And we did nothing about it. Crappy brushes become the norm at that point. However, if we return them and the vendor works with us and they work with the supplier, then quality either improves or the product goes away or becomes more expensive. I will pay for quality. I refuse to pay for junk disquised as quality. Either advertise it correctly, up the cost for a better quality item or stop selling junk.

That is my take anyhow, and I am in no way at all hating or poking at folks that like a bargain, I'm just advocating that products meet specs.

4. Robyflexx

You have a point @battle.munky no doubt about that. I guess I just don't really think it affects it's performance at all so I don't think he got junk. Maybe if the aesthetics are the main concern it's unfortunate that he may have to pony up the shipping fees. :happy088:

zec668, BigCabDaddy and battle.munky like this.
  5. battle.munky

And also, if they slip on a 10 dollar item, why not a 20. And when they slip on a 20 dollar item, why not a 40? The slope gets slick quick. I agree that it is more of a pittance than not, but companies are rarely on the customer's side. The bottom line is that they should be looking at the quality of their stock at receipt or prior to passing it onto a customer. The further down the supply chain they put the quality, the cheaper it is for all involved.

Again, all JMO. I earn my money, I expect for companies to earn it too.

6. Robyflexx

I honestly think with Italian Barber (RazoRock) this isn't a frequent occurrence. I have placed multiple orders with them and their products and customer service have been flawless. Their Jaws razor has even become my favorite and lately my daily driver. I hope they don't slip...

battle.munky, zec668 and BigCabDaddy like this.
  7. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

I understand that esthetically the brush is bothersome. Sometimes I feel the same way, mostly about a clean car. I've got the solution. Just send it to me and I'll throw it away for you. LOL

8. Robyflexx

:happy102:

zec668, Herm2502 and BigCabDaddy like this.
  9. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Geez...don't buy a Fatip...your head will explode.

10. Robyflexx

:happy102:Funny!

zec668 and BigCabDaddy like this.
  11. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I just ordered the Razorock 24mm and 26mm synthetic brushes. Thanks guys. I've been mulling over buying a synthetic for many months now.

zec668, Spud and Robyflexx like this.
  12. Robyflexx

You won't be disappointed, I got my RR 24mm yesterday and used it today. It became my favorite today! :happy036:

battle.munky, zec668 and Spud like this.
  13. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

My OCD would make it difficult to get past the flawed spot. As a matter of principle I would likely need to return it and ask for another. Having said that, opposing opinions here are valid. If you like the performance, maybe you are okay with it.
    Since we're talking about synthetics, I waned to mention I owned a brush from The Body Shop. It was a really good synthetic brush.

battle.munky, zec668 and Robyflexx like this.
  14. zec668

zec668 Well-Known Member

I used the brush this morning guys and the spot seemed to even out slightly. It makes me wonder if the fibers get slightly stuck together when they are made. Got to say I love this brush, but I was disappointed with the response I got when I messaged them. After going back and forth, Italian Barber finally offered me a $4.00 refund, but I wish they had started with that offer instead of having to go back and forth on it.

battle.munky and Spud like this.
  15. zec668

zec668 Well-Known Member

I would agree. I have order a Plissoft regular and soaps from Italian Barber and had nothing but good things to says about the service and products. This was my first bad experience and it really had more to do with the response from them than the blemished product. I really expected a little more concern.

battle.munky and Spud like this.
  16. gregkw1

gregkw1 Well-Known Member

It'll probably work its way out and the brush should be fine I got the exact same brush yhe 26mm and it was absolutely perfect

zec668 likes this.
  17. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

@zec668 have you try combing the brush because I have come across from another shaving forum site and I can't remember the topic, another user had a similar problem from a different brush and what he does was give your brush a gentle comb not rough that way it should over come you're issue.

zec668 likes this.
  18. battle.munky

yeah, I have used Italian Barber before on several occasions and have been nothing but pleased. Sometimes places get complacent on quality...

zec668 and Robyflexx like this.
  19. Gabe

Gabe Well-Known Member

+10000 It would bother me to the point of not liking it. Even if the performance was great.

zec668 and battle.munky like this.
  20. poikkeus

poikkeus Member

If it were a $100 brush, I'd return it immediately. I wouldn't even use it.

But if the brush is $10-ish, I'd just use it; it's not cost-effective to return it. However, I'd let the vendor know your issue; they have to get feedback on their product. If they're a good vendor, they'll do something nice to keep you as a customer.

PLANofMAN, zec668 and SRNewb like this.