What you might not know about The Shave Den

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Dridecker, Apr 22, 2010.

1. chappys4life

chappys4life Active Member

Thank you to JoAnna and Sparky! This is such a great forum with so much information and depth. Sadly with the internet and so many options the whole niceness and personal touches have gone away but not on here. I joined today and have already been offered up some free blades with a razor I purchased, lots of insight and help on my choices, also just that level of hi.

Whenever I reach that point of extras I will try and make some donations to help other future new guys.

JoshLB likes this.
  2. Many thanks, JoAnna and Sparky! I would never have gotten into wetshaving were it not for this site and the friendly, helpful atmosphere that it provides.

I make a motion that someone with forum-altering powers greater than mine move this thread to either the Newbies section or the Shave School section so that everyone new to the forum will know how much work goes into keeping this place up and whom to thank for its operation.

Again, thank you, JoAnna, Sparky, and all the moderators that help this finely tuned machine purr!!

3. sffone

sffone Member

I second the motion. I think this is a great idea!

4. doragar

doragar New Member

Thanks for the community Dridecker

I am glad that I joined this forum. Everything I could desire about "Man time" is posted here. I was recommended by Wyatt46 and I think I will stick around for all the advice I need.

I have already learned a lot from your site. Videos, recommendations, equipment choices.
    Thanks a million. Will be talking to you soon.

All the best.

5. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

Although I am about 6 months late with saying it, I would still like to say so:

Bill, thank you very much for a much appreciated and enlightening post. And many heartfelt thanks to Sparky and JoAnna for making this wonderful site happen (i know, i know, with the help of the Mods and editorial contributions from all of us but nevertheless..) as without your work and dedication the site would simply not be, from what I gather.

Thank you!

6. RABIDMONKEY

RABIDMONKEY Active Member

CHEERS!

i just joined here and was no aware . Many thanks for all your hardwork . This site is wealth of information on wetshaving

7. Slowhand

Slowhand Member

Thumbs up to you guys! It's great having TSD as a virtual barstool where we geeks can congregate. :)

8. Asd

Asd Well-Known Member

The most friendly society!

I'd like to thank Sparky for help with my account creation! As a man in IT business, I can say that is a HUGE amount of work to keep this place rocking, as it seems there is also a separate server for it. Consistency - that's what is count! To keep the wheels rolling for days and years - hats off, guys! JoAnna, I'd like to say my admiration of you! The store itself is great, and as it can be used for donation - that's a rare opportunity!

9. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

I would also like to extend my thanks to everyone involved in keeping this place alive. I went from a cartridge, goo, shave-when-I-have-to guy to someone who now enjoys shaving on a daily basis with tools and techniques that don't tear my face up. Thank you for keeping this place alive and giving me the opportunity to change my life

10. Lavachild

Lavachild Active Member

I actually did know this. I unfortuately learned of this one day after I bought about 150 bucks of stuff else where. However, I plan to buy from Joann for all my new buying choices. I promise you that.

11. brothers

brothers Active Member

No doubt about it. TSD is cool! JoAnna's TSD Store is a classic!

12. stsebastian

stsebastian New Member

Thanks for the info!

13. Racso_MS

Racso_MS Enjoy Your Shave

How did I miss this thread? Thanks to JoAnna, Sparky, the admins and mods for doing a great job. :happy108

v/r
    Oscar

14. Napaman661

Napaman661 New Member

I may be new to this forum, but to learn that the two people who run the whole thing do so out of the kindness of their hearts and the love of the shave says a lot. I will check out the store asap also.

15. Tforc

Tforc Member

ah ha

:happy108 all hail The Queen of Blades Thank you. Thank you Sparky. The Den is so easy to navigate when i get lost i just start at the top. Sort of a family room you can have a talk and kick back.
    B

16. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Thanks tothose that make this great forum possible.

17. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Sparky and JoAnna, thank you for all you do on this forum! :thanks

18. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I never realized this Group was going to become so great. Perhaps it is smaller than a couple of others, but it is growing beautifully and steadily thanks to the fantastic work of Bobby and JoAnna, as well as the other members of the Mod Team, and also the daily postings of the members. :)

19. glh17

glh17 New Member

I'm a newbie, but I will visit the The Shave Den Store. hanks for the info.
    Gary

20. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

I placed my order yesterday. :D