What you might not know about The Shave Den

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Dridecker, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Badger-Face

Badger-Face Well-Known Member

Thank you. This place is really awesome. This is only my 2nd day I believe but, I already feel so welcome and at home. This place is great and everybody here is so nice and full of great advice. Thank you very much and I hope you continue the good work. :)

Queen of Blades and Dridecker like this.
  2. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Bill
    Thank you for a very well written post. :happy096: :signs097: :shaver

Dridecker likes this.
  3. TheGiant

TheGiant New Member

Wow so this is what I stumbled onto on a random google search on my phone while visiting my mom in the hospital, she had pneumonia, and this is after she had surgery on her foot. Glad I did. Thanks for all of the hard work. I wish I had stumbled here at home on the computer under much better circumstances. Only been wet shaving for a few weeks but I'm glad I decided to finally (been curious for a few years)

GDCarrington likes this.
  4. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I hope your mother is doing better!

5. TheGiant

TheGiant New Member

She's already a bit better today, they're keeping her in the hospital for the weekend.

Tdmsu and GDCarrington like this.
  6. rweb82

rweb82 Active Member

This is the best shaving forum out there, bar none!

7. PatrickA51

Yes I hope that your mom is getting better.

8. rweb82

rweb82 Active Member

I'm glad to hear she is getting better!

9. TarheelFXR

TarheelFXR Member

I just received my sampler of creams and aftershaves. I also received some surprises--thanks, JoAnna. Used the Speick cream and TSD Bay Rum a little while ago. I have 5 more soaps and two more after shaves to go. The BR is not as hot when applied but is very soothing. I do not know if this is good yet but it is a little different in a way that compliments my Dominica.

Anyone else feel this way?

Thanks again JoAnna, I will order again after I plow through what you sent.

T

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
    Queen of Blades likes this.
  10. Grick

Grick Active Member

Thank you so much, Joanna! And all the moderators. This forum is a great place to be.

11. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Thank you Sparky and JoAnna. Your work is greatly appreciated. You both do an excellent job of keeping this place running smoothly I must say, along with the other admins. Keep up the good and selfless work guys. :happy088:

12. PatrickA51

Earlier today I was posting on another thread in TSD, and the post above mine had a link that said A little bit about TSD
    So I clicked on it. and I came upon a very informative article or I should say post Thank you for posting it.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  13. nsomnac

nsomnac Active Member

Ohh, recursion! You've now created the infinite thread!

And yes, much thanks goes out to everyone that makes this forum possible.

I will definitely be buying more supplies from the TSD Shop - not only to support this forum, but JoAnna's soap that I recently ordered is fantastic!

BigMark likes this.
  14. ILove2Shave

ILove2Shave Member

Thanks to all that make this forum the best I have found !! and a special thanks to Sparky and JoAnna for their hard work and dedication to providing such an information rich forum !!

15. rk923

rk923 New Member

As a new person to wet shaving and TSD, I feel obligated to express my thanks you Sparky and JoAnna! This place is a fantastic resource, abundant with information for new guys like me! It has been a huge help with getting started and learning all the ins and outs of wet shaving! Keep up the good work! Fantastic Job!

16. Adonis

Adonis Well-Known Member

a big thank you to TSD for welcoming me into the fold! This has been THE best forum and friendliest online community I have ever been a part of. Thank you Sparky & JoAnna! :signs001:

17. geeeyejo

geeeyejo Active Member

Big ditto here! Great place and great folks!

18. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

I'm glad this came up on the home page again.
    I made up my mind two months ago to try some Shave Den soaps,
    and I just didn't get it done.
    Well, I can't say that anymore.
    The order just went in. (No buy July......:p)
    JoAnna, I'm very much looking forward to the Sea Buchthorn and Vanilla soaps.

Happy shaving everybody! :bounce017:

19. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Two great fragrances, and lanolin is definitely the way to go! IMO, of course. :)

Omelmad likes this.
  20. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

There's no place like home.