What's for dinner tonight?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by txskimo, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Goulash

Breakfast is going to be a Goulash burrito! :happy097:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    AGHisBBS likes this.
  2. jason koonce

jason koonce Well-Known Member

Taco Bell!!

AGHisBBS and Enrico like this.
  3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:signs107: But in western NY I prefer Mighty Taco!

jason koonce likes this.
  4. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

leftover ham,duck and dressing

5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    The wife made me grilled chicken, sweet potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower, with Key Lime pie for dessert.

BamaT likes this.
  6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Dirty Risotto

AGHisBBS likes this.
  7. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Traditional New Year's Day dinner - Rib Roast. Just seasoned a 6 rib roast - about 6 pounds. Simple prep - cut a number of slits in the roast and stuff garlic in the holes just under the surface. Rub the roast with olive oil then with fresh ground pepper and kosher salt. I'll let it sit for a few hours before roasting. I sear the roast first in a very hot cast iron skillet. Drain the juice to make au jus separately. Then put the roast back in the cast iron skillet and into the oven at 250 deg F. Pull at 125 deg F internal temp for medium rare (will probably take about 3 hours). Rest 30 minutes and serve. Will do butter and garlic roasted potatoes for a side. Will post a photo of the finished product later today. Happy New Year everyone!
    Rib Roast.jpg

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Last night was a simple meal; pork chops with rice & carrots. The hubby ws working. So we will celebrate together, tonight, with chicken in champagne sauce.

Enrico, Troy M, mrchick and 2 others like this.
  9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Tonight is going to be Chicken finger subs with bacon. :drool:

10. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

[​IMG]

AGHisBBS likes this.
  11. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

My lovely wife put a 26lb turkey in the oven at 11am, we just finished the ham from Christmas.
    No more turkey 2018.

12. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Roast Beast Done - just pulled it from the oven. Will let it set for awhile - should be nice and medium rare (a bit of the rare side hopefully). Life is good.
    Roast Beast Done.jpg

13. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Much simpler here. New batch of venison chili to combat the cold!

[​IMG] Chili 1-1-18.JPG

14. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

This time of year one of our local restaurants holds a monthly winemakers dinner. Took the wife to one last night - excellent! Menu is below. The potato onion bisque was especially good. I'll have to try make it. These are always fun, although I dropped a fair amount of money when the four bottles of wine that I bought are included. Oh well - at this stage of my life I would rather spend money on good food, wine and the wife.
    Wine Dinner.jpg

AGHisBBS likes this.
  15. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Got an urge for fresh apple pie so I made one this afternoon. Used Granny Smith apples and lots of cinnamon. Supper first and then a big slice after, while watching tv.
    Apple Pie.jpg

16. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Can of Van Camp's chili, which I'm bummed about because they've just discontinued it. So I've got 41 cans stocked up in the pantry.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  17. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Sausage in the hotel room.
    [​IMG]

Venison brats, polish and dogs. A pound of Italian. A giant white onion cooked in the browning grease with a ton of garlic, than baked in kraut.

I’ll live off it for a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BigMark83 and AGHisBBS like this.
  18. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Got up at 5 a.m.this morning to get the smoker going to get this 9 pound pork butt underway. Figure about 10 to 12 hours total. Seasoned the butt last night and put in the refrigerator. Second photo show the butt smoking away. I stopped the smoke after 5 hours. Wrapped in foil when the internal temperature reached 165 deg F. Now will let it finish with just the heat until it gets to 195 deg F. Then let it rest a bit, pull apart and dig in. About three more hours to go - but it is worth the effort and long wait.

Butt 1.jpg

Butt 2.jpg

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    Hairy Alaskan and AGHisBBS like this.
  19. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

looks delicious, i think we're having pizza rolls, wanna trade?
    Really, they're Tostino's, triple meat.

20. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I love that combo!