What's in your glass tonight?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Darkbulb, Sep 30, 2013.

1. danbuter

danbuter Well-Known Member

I've been making a cocktail, not sure if it has a real name.

Gin
    Sweet Vermouth
    Grapefruit Juice
    Ice

PatrickA51 likes this.
  2. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Thanks.
    Had the service today. Good visits with family members I haven’t seen in a long time. Actually drinking a Coors in memory of my dad as I write this. I think I’ll save the rest to boil brats in this summer. Not a pleasant beer.
    Sounds like my dad will the get the military burial he wanted in May when the ground is thawed. That will be nice sendoff I know he would be proud of.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BigMike, PanChango, gorgo2 and 2 others like this.
  3. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss.I drank many a Hamms in my late 20's early 30's,it vanished from the markets around here and recently reappeared.Not a bad mass market brew,there are far worse out there....Oly I have not had in 30 years.old style Coors was not bad ,the modern stuff I think has been reformulated and is now decidedly average.

I had a friend receive his military burial at the new veterans cemetary in Florida last March.Bugle and gun salute .Many tears shed.Bless your father and bless you sir.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  4. urrlord

Right now- instant vanilla coffee,coffee liqueur,whipped cream vodka,brewed coffee,stevia,milk.on my 2nd glass.

5. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Tim Hortons coffee earlier and now mint hot chocolate with mini marshmallows. :)

6. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Hot Yuban Dark Roast Coffee. Black no cream no sugar. Come to think of it the cup has a giant hole in it. Better go fill it up again! :angry017::angry019::eatdrink013:

7. PatrickA51

I'm sorry to hear this about your Father,

8. PatrickA51

Glad to read your news about your Dad getting a Full Military Funeral. Also again sorry for your loss how old was your Father. What Branch of the Military was he?And yes Coors is nasty!!!

9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Half a bottle of Omission (allegedly) gluten-free beer, to go with my skillet-fried sirloin and blackeyes.

PanChango likes this.
  10. Hairy Alaskan

My dad was a couple months shy of 72. He was in the Navy and volunteered 3 tours in Vietnam as a Huey Door Gunner. 66-68. I wish I knew more about his experiences but he rarely ever talked about it. He was always a hero to me.

wristwatchb and PanChango like this.
  11. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Having a nip of Wild Turkey Rye tonight.

Sorry about your dad and the coors as well. Stay strong.

12. PatrickA51

Contact the Vietnam Veterans of America with his Navy Service Number, or contact the VA with the same info and you can get a copy of his service record or DD214.
    Again sorry for your loss and the Coors. :angry017:

13. Hairy Alaskan

Thanks. I’ll look into that.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  14. urrlord

Benchmark and caffeine free cola

15. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

Whisky Sour. Evan Williams Bourbon. Lemons from my sister-in-law's tree. Simple syrup from raw sugar heated over the stove. No egg.

16. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Last night

[​IMG]

17. Hairy Alaskan

Been nice and sunny lately and the snow is melting. Got me in the mood for some Hurricanes. Currently working my way through a blended pitcher. Nowhere near as good as the ones you get in New Orleans but this works in a pinch.

18. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

Last night - Michter's 12 year old bourbon, neat

19. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I'm having a triple :)

20. K-zone

K-zone Well-Known Member

So we meet again....

74056_174701502543957_600917_n.jpg