whats the Best Semogue

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Bucky Potthast, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Whats the best semogue brush out there for quality and lathering ability im thinkin about ordering a 1520??? is it any goood? are there better semogues

2. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

I had a 1520, was fantastic once broken in. The only issue I had with it was the paint didn't last and began to flake after around a year or so. I have an Owners Club now and it's FAAAAAAAAAAAANTASTIC. I'm also looking at getting a 610 which also has rave reviews and I personally prefer the look of boar that do not have the bands.

Long ramble short: You can't really go wrong with any Semogue boar. Find a knot size you like and a handle you think is pretty - and you'll be happy.

battle.munky and BamaT like this.
  3. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

I would think any of the Semogue brushes would serve you well. I have a 1305 that I really enjoy. The thing I like about the 1305 is the handle shape, plus I love the colors. One downside to the painted handles: if you drop it, you run the risk of chipping the paint, which I did recently. However, I still like my 1305, and recommend the Semogue line. You just have to pick the handle style and color you like!

4. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

1305 has an excellent knot, the best boar knot in my admittedly limited experience. The handle is nice and I love the paint. Unfortunately, my paint cracked after about two months of use. I suppose my next brush from them will be acrylic. Too bad, I really love the look and feel of the painted wood handle.

5. Thanks Guys I am ordering a 1520 do they make it in acryllic

6. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Not sure. I THINK the 830 has a similar knot, you may need to check the dimensions.

7. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

1520 is wood but I think the 620 uses the same knot in an acrylic handle (50 x 21 banded).

8. Doryferon

Doryferon Well-Known Member

In the future i want to buy the Semogue 820 Black.

9. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

My SOC is holding up fine. The knot is wonderful. I think it is a mm or two bigger than the regular brush and at $30, it is a steal. I hardly use anything else.