What's up with the "Brotherhood of..." and "Member of the so and so" and all that?

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by Joe Nobles, May 21, 2018.

1. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

Don't let him in, we'll never get rid of him!!!

I think four years in the Russian military would wake him up a little.

RyX and Keithmax like this.
  2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

The sad thing is that he stated that he will appeal the ruling.

His parents have already tried to give him money to get a place, but he doesn't want to work or do anything..

Keithmax likes this.
  3. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

And to the OP, I like some of the Russian blades, but it was mostly because of the price.

Keithmax likes this.
  4. Joe Nobles

Joe Nobles Well-Known Member

Wow! Guys I had no idea that my question would generate such a lively conversation. Any way I'm going to post my thread to start the Soviet Super Shavers.

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

6. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

It's probably a clip on

wristwatchb, Paul Turner and RyX like this.
  7. RyX

RyX DoH!

Are you sure?

wristwatchb, Keithmax and richgem like this.
  8. richgem

In context tho, it's some authentic frontier gibberish. :p I'm particularly glad that these lovely children were here today to hear that speech.

RyX likes this.
  9. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

As residing memebe of soap bloomers local 913, I hereby nominate @wchnu a new and honorary member. Bestow all respect and honors due unto him. Welcome him with open arms and make our newest member feel welcome!

Keithmax and Primotenore like this.
  10. richgem

Hey! I didn't get a "harumph" out of that guy.

(Mel Brooks/ Blazing Saddles)

SHAVEWIZARD420 likes this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

you bet, owned my own auto shop.

12. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I will send my response in a pm... So I do not get kicked outta here. :lam:
    A favorite quote from a favorite movie.

My kinda people right here!!

brit likes this.
  13. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

I thought this was already a prerequisite to post here. Did somebody change the rules and I didn’t hear about it? Damn kids. Now get off my lawn!

Keithmax likes this.
  14. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Don't worry Fuzzy, I already vetoed the nomination.

Keithmax likes this.
  15. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Cranky Old Guys, eh? I'll let the late John Lennon comment: "Doncha know that you can Count Me Out???"

16. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

I didn’t know that until I took a trip to NY and the guy at the station came running out cussing me for not reading the tiny sign. Strangely he really got upset when I asked him why he hadn’t come out when I pulled up a few minutes earlier. When they had full service stations near me they actually had people out waiting for you to pull up to the pump, since full service was a faster convenience that you paid extra for.

17. RyX

RyX DoH!

Drivers in Oregon just recently got the privileged of being able to pump their own. Remember back in the day...

Edison Carter and TobyC like this.
  18. Joe Nobles

As a former resident of NJ it took a couple of visits to the gas station before I stopped waiting for an attendent to come to the car, here in FL. Then on a recent visit I got some seriously disturbing looks from them 'cause I grabbed the nozzle to serve myself.

Before I lived in NJ I lived in PA when it was optional as to wether you got self-service or had the attendent do it. I once asked why NJ didn't allow self-service and the answer was that way back there was a serious accident at a self-serve station and so the law-makers in Trenton said never again. So that was that! It's been that way since then.

What a world!

Edison Carter, Keithmax and RyX like this.
  19. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

They always say to do that with aluminum wheels. I always ignored it. About a year ago I had the tires rotated on my pickup, and a week or so later, I happened to notice a lug nut sticking out past the rest. Had two loose ones on that same tire. The rest of the truck was fine. That same month, my daughter had brakes done on her car (different shop), and lugs on a rear wheel loosened up enough to damage the lugs. Never did before, but now I make sure to check them.

RyX likes this.
  20. Joe Nobles

Mostochlegmash/Мосточлегмаш has a very nice website. They make the Rapira, Voskhods, Lada lines of blades. They also makea couple of razors too. They are in Moscow. As noted before Gillette too has a manufacturing facility in St. Petersburg where they make the following blades:

Gillette Super Stainless
    Gillette Platinum
    Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Stainless
    Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge
    Permasharp
    Iridium Super
    Astra (Superior Platinum, Super Stainless and Keramik)
    Sputnik
    Polsilver
    Rotbart
    Nacet
    Tiger

So that's quite a list for those of us that like to explore, if any of you have had any experience with the more obscure blades on this list please share your thoughts.

SevenEighth, Keithmax and RyX like this.