What's with this handle??

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Freddie Jaye, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Freddie Jaye

Freddie Jaye Member

I'm in the process of purchasing this set via FB Marketplace, and the razor handle is a curiosity. I haven't been able to turn up another image like it but, as you can see, the finish on all the pieces is generally similar, and the handle itself nestles in the box rather precisely.

Can anyone provide info about this item? razor box.jpg

jimjo1031 and brit like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

very cool.somebody's handmade handle maybe?..those old types had many cracked/split handle issues..

jimjo1031 likes this.
  3. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

It is definitely not a Gillette produced handle. Handle doesn't shave your face if you bought it to use. If you bought it to resell it shouldn't hurt the value might even help sell it quicker because it is a unique design.

brit likes this.
  4. Freddie Jaye

Freddie Jaye Member

Thanks for the input. I've seen some cracked-handle pieces for sale, so I know what you mean.

At first, I thought it might be some sort of limited-edition piece, but a one-off custom job makes more sense. In any case, I have something distinctive!

brit likes this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

the handle could have been made decades ago as well,having it's own bit of history..should be a well balanced shaver..cool score..:cool:

6. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Yup could be vintage as Brit says. It could be a vintage one off also, if I'd had seen it before on some other razor I'd have said so and I am sure others here would chime in if they knew.

If you bought it to use enjoy it.

brit likes this.