What's your best budget cream?

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Rusty blade, Feb 18, 2016.

1. gregkw1

gregkw1 Well-Known Member

Yes that includes free shipping so I think it's a pretty good deal as far as Old Spice shaving cream it's really really nice stuff[​IMG]

2. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I think you'll like the Extra Fresh I mentioned earlier or the Sensitive version.

As @Bussemand mentioned, they are lightly scented. Nothing at all, did I mention nothing?, like the stick.

You can't go wrong.

Palmolive smells lightly very soapy and clean but for the love of me I can't get a good lather from Palmolive.

Yehuda D, gorgo2 and Rusty blade like this.
  3. TheManWithNoName

TheManWithNoName Well-Known Member

Okay, thanks for your feedback, Greg. Now I have yet another cream I need to add to my list of creams I need in my collection.

Rusty blade likes this.
  4. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

"budget" has never been an aspect of wet shaving for me, unfortunately.
    Having said that, I have some Nivea sensitive skin shaving cream that I could live with if there was nothing else.

Rusty blade and TheManWithNoName like this.
  5. gadabout

gadabout Well-Known Member

I've been getting the Old Spice 30g tubes for about $3.50 shipped. Seems cheap, but not so much when you compare per ounce prices. Still, it's a good cream and the 1 oz (30g) tube is a perfect size for traveling.

Rusty blade likes this.
  6. gregkw1

gregkw1 Well-Known Member

Yep.. that's what you see here[​IMG]

Rusty blade likes this.
  7. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Indian shave creams are made to a higher standard than most out there. I believe there are government standards imposed on the making of all creams made there.
    1. Godrej
    2. Yardley(any of them)

8. RyX

RyX DoH!

I haven't seen Cremo mentioned. I've used it by itself, and in experimenting with blending soap & cream for the Super Lather Effect. While I don't have a wide or deep experience, for about seven bucks at Walmart it has been good for me. There is a menthol cooling variety now available that some members have tried.

gorgo2, Rusty blade and Robyflexx like this.
  9. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

The Arko Adventure reminds me of Irish Spring, but the scent is lighter. The Arko Maximum Comfort has a bit is citrus to it, and they have matching balms that can be found for a good price.

Rusty blade and tuxxdk like this.
  10. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

For economy, it's hard to beat $2.50 a big can for Barbasol Yellow. Good stuff for those willing to overlook that it comes from a can.

magoo, NoobShaver and Rusty blade like this.
  11. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    All I can see is a blue poké ball. Maybe it's a generational gap thing.
    [​IMG]

12. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Not really. But, it almost lathers.

Rusty blade likes this.
  13. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Just ordered a tube of Lime Old Spice tube.

Spud and Rusty blade like this.
  14. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    What? It lathers. Quite nicely, in fact. It's sold as a hand lathering cream, but it lathers even better with a brush.

15. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Kiss My Face not only lathers it produces some of the best quality, moisturizing, slick, creamy lather on the planet. Bank on that! :)

16. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    It's my go to shaving cream too. The missus uses the pomegranate grapefruit, and I use the Limes. I also keep a bottle of the unscented around for when I want to make an überlather with some of my shave soaps.

17. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

When I first joined I read a post in which you spoke highly of it. Not wanting to invest much but wanting to try it, I took to eBay and found the pomegranate & grapefruit for a stupid low price, probably cause it wasn't selling. Made me a believer. As it turned out, it smells great! Highly recommended to anyone on this board and the regular price is cheap anyway. So thank you @PLANofMAN :)

18. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Tho I'm a "soap guy," I'm a big fan of WARS and Erasmic.

Yehuda D, Rusty blade and Robyflexx like this.
  19. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Definitely generational... I see the top half of Dalek. :D

20. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

that's the Aloe Vera, right?