Whats your favorite aftershave

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by huckelberry hound, May 7, 2014.

1. Ceferguson

Ceferguson Well-Known Member

La toja splash

2. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I think what Steve was implying was this: "BRUT!……"
    [​IMG]

swarden43 likes this.
  3. Luteplayers

Luteplayers Well-Known Member

I love all of mine, currently using Florida Water quite a bit. Wish the scent lasted longer.

4. SDK

SDK it's his fault

I'm sure it would pair up very well with the MDC. In fact, I had that very thought after reading your review. I may ask for the MDC for Fathers Day.

The Jermyn Street is wonderful if you like this sort of scent. Definitely not for everyday, but a perfect choice for anything formal or semi formal. I will have to give the Marlborough a look. We seem to have the same taste in scents....

5. SDK

SDK it's his fault

Exactly- Part of DE shaving is saving money on cartridges, then taking those savings and converting them into a 500 year supply of soaps, creams and aftershaves.

You them realize that you can never use all of this stuff, then start trading it off for more stuff you will probably never use ;)

PatrickA51 and ObiDon like this.
  6. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

The Marlborough got the thumbs up from my in-house aftershave scent critic (a happy wife=a happy life); it certainly has a certain tobacco/Cavendish fragrance—but in a good, manly-scent way. Not fruity nor floral; and not overpowering, either.
    I try to NOT give the impression of a six-foot four walking potpourri pot after my morning shaves... ;)

ObiDon, jeraldgordon and gorgo2 like this.
  7. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

Captains Choice bay rum, still my favorite.

jeraldgordon likes this.
  8. Adonis

Adonis Well-Known Member

I am definitely going to have to try some of these...!

9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

THAT sounds good! Everything I like and nothing I don't.

10. tito catson

tito catson Active Member

AOS Lemon!! Lemonade face:happy088:

11. huckelberry hound

huckelberry hound Active Member

I Just received a bunch of samples of MDC's, le pere Lucian, tabac, and mitchels woolfat as well as the floid line of aftershave, assorted bay rums (st johns, kramperts, dominica, cat o 9 tails) really wasn't impressed upon sniff test for the aftershaves. I do like the st johns bay rum, However I feel like Christmas when I wear it lol. I'm currently using TOBS Mr taylor, which Isn't bad. I really like how long it lasts. MDC forgure is currently my favorite soap sampel. DR. harris Marlborough sounds interesting. I think I will give it a try. Thank you for all of your responses!

12. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

I'm still working through to decide a favorite.

13. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

A Jasmine fragrance, per chance?
    [​IMG]
    Regrettably, this Clive Christian men's fragrance will cost you.
    1.6 ounces for $865.

Jasman likes this.
  14. huckelberry hound

huckelberry hound Active Member

15. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

It used to be Xeryus, before they reformulated it; the 'vintage' version is tough to find and has sometimes not aged well.

16. Wes Murphy

Wes Murphy Well-Known Member

Speick Aftershave

BigMark likes this.
  17. Stroker

Stroker Well-Known Member

Gorgio of Beverley Hills Cologne for Men. Killer stuff!

Georgio of Beverly Hills Cologne for men.jpg

18. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

[​IMG]

Not the hair tonic

19. William232

William232 Active Member

I have CASTLE FORBES LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL AFTERSHAVE BALM which is very nice. Also a big fan of the Old Spice.

20. Out of all the ones I have..and it's only a few...lol...a staple in my den will always be Pinaud Clubman.

entropy1049 likes this.