What's your favorite cologne?

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Kenny Ingram, May 9, 2015.

1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

My favorite cologne is the aftershave I'm wearing that day. Most of the new aftershaves Fine, Country Club, Folsom & Co, PAA have a very long staying power, no need for a cologne.

Seabs, kurtmill and Kenny Ingram like this.
  2. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I have pretty much stuck with a couple of signature frags...

Always: Guerlain Habit Rouge
    I do like Caron Pour Un Homme, when I can find it...
    Would love to try Jicky
    Wife is crazy for Lolita Lempecka Au Masculine, so I used it and have it really is super....A very unique scent that smells like a frag that would cost many times more..

Chuck F and Kenny Ingram like this.
  3. kurtmill

kurtmill Active Member

I really just use my Clubman as cologne.

Seabs and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

A dollar store floral air freshener soaked in ammonia and strained through an old sweatsock. Cheaper than The Veg but just as effective.

barbersurgeon, figment714 and Spyder like this.
  5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

You can't go wrong with Clubman. Even the Veg! :happy088:

Bama Samurai likes this.
  6. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Tabac and L'occitane Eau de Baux are my two favorite Colognes in my den. It is hard to beat Aqua Velva Ice Blue for a long lasting aftershave.

Kenny Ingram likes this.
  7. Chuck F

Chuck F Cheesy! Big Curd style

My absolute favorite is Mouchoir de Monsieur. I only have a small decant, but it's amazing and I'll have to shell out for a full bottle when I run out. Works year round.

For warm weather, I also really enjoy Pour un Homme de Caron and Agua Lavanda Puig.

For cool weather, Dyptique Tam Dao EdP is a really beautiful sandalwood fragrance. Gray Flannel, too.

I also have this cheap, kind of unknown vetiver called Black Touch that I like a lot when I'm in the mood for it. Some days I just splash on a generous amount of Fine Clean Vetiver. I got a sample of Guerlain Vetiver, which Fine Clean Vetiver is supposed to replicate, but I like the Fine version better.

Edit: I was never a cologne guy at all until a year or so ago, but I've really gotten into it recently.

Kenny Ingram likes this.
  8. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

This will probably come as no surprise, but I like old vintage Shulton Old Spice. The lime cologne being my favorite. I'm just an Old Spice junkie.

9. fzrider

fzrider Active Member

I love wearing different colognes. Believe it or not, I have more colognes than aftershaves (gasp)! Lately I have been wearing Chanel platinum egoiste, he wood by d squared, and azzaro chrome legend. They all smell great in the summer months and last all day long.

One of my favorites that I have yet to buy a bottle of is Creed Green Irish Tweed. I have had a few 5ml decants of it, and I love the stuff! I just have a few other expensive hobbies, so I haven't got around to shelling out the money for a full bottle yet.

Last edited: May 12, 2015
    Kenny Ingram and Boojum1 like this.
  10. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

My EdC of choice is LaCoste Pour Homme (Green Label).

Kenny Ingram and Boojum1 like this.
  11. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I recently finished a bottle of Aramis, and I really like it. I've tried samples of Hermès Terre d’Hermès, and this is my new favorite.

Paul Turner, Kenny Ingram and Boojum1 like this.
  12. Kenny Ingram

Kenny Ingram Well-Known Member

Didn't know there was a green one...I know the silver one is great, though!
    You may want to try Mystic Water's soap, Irish Traveler, which is supposed to be a dead-ringer for GIT.

Paul Turner likes this.
  13. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Paco Rabanne pour homme
    Annick Goutal Eau du Sud
    Guerlain Vetiver Extreme

Kenny Ingram likes this.
  14. fzrider

fzrider Active Member

I have not heard of this. I will definitely have to look into it! Thanks for the recommendation!

Paul Turner likes this.
  15. Jamie Mahoney

Jamie Mahoney Well-Known Member

I like quite a few L'Occitane scents and their balms are really the best there is in my view, and Tom Ford makes some outstanding scents.

Kenny Ingram likes this.
  16. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Xeryus, by Givenchy, is my favorite. Specifically the vintage stuff, not the new formulation or Xeryus Rouge.

Kenny Ingram likes this.
  17. armani code is the favorite and Clinique happy for men is light and citrusy...

Kenny Ingram likes this.
  18. Kenny Ingram

Kenny Ingram Well-Known Member

Also, Sterling's Sharp Dressed Man is also the GIT scent!

Paul Turner and fzrider like this.
  19. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Vetiver de Guerlain (Vintage)
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    Meehan's Sandalwood
    C.O. Bigelow No. 032 Bay Rum
    Creed Green Irish Tweed

Paul Turner and Kenny Ingram like this.
  20. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

My wife bought me Givenchy Pi, and I like Spice Bomb but I cannot afford it.
    I am tempted to try Gingers Garden Spice Grenade.