What's your favorite cologne?

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Kenny Ingram, May 9, 2015.

1. Double Edge Dougy

Double Edge Dougy Well-Known Member

So they can chatge you a higher price for the lesser fragrance!
    And its just common to refer to all mens fragrances cologne and all womens fragrances perfum
    Its on us to read the bottle and know the oil or alcohol content

2. Double Edge Dougy

Double Edge Dougy Well-Known Member

Heres the collection so far, not counting AS....i used to like cologne in high school got turned off from ot, but the den has rejuvenated my interest....for the photo i placed them from least used to most. Joop and drakar were my high school scents so ill always keep a small bottle around. I know paco rabannes 1 million has been aroud a while, but it seemed so loud and gaudy i stayed away from it...finally tried some and it quickly went to the top of my rotation...i got my eye on a few others.
    20160227_101000.jpg

Paul Turner, ninjack and Epicurean like this.
  3. Aramis

crackstar likes this.
  4. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

Yves Saint Laurent intense parfum for men

Double Edge Dougy likes this.
  5. Kenny Ingram

Kenny Ingram Well-Known Member

I'll post an update...

My new favorite fragrances for the warmer months are: Nautica Voyage, Ed Hardy Love & Luck, Perry Ellis 360 Red, Davidoff Cool Water, Tommy Bahama St. Barts, Al Rehab Silver, Bleu de Chanel, and Dior Sauvage.

Some of my favorites for the colder months are: YSL La Nuit de L'Homme, Salvatore Ferragamo F Black, Michael Jordan Legend, Animale Animale, Mont Blanc Individuel, Lacoste Pour Homme, and Mont Blanc Legend Intense.

So many great scents out there!

6. Kenny Ingram

Kenny Ingram Well-Known Member

Nice choices!

theFAT98 likes this.
  7. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Thanks. Been getting into fragrances lately.

8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'd go with VIntage Black....I like Kenny Cole products(but they are too expensive..for now)

Double Edge Dougy likes this.
  9. Fattymaz

Fattymaz Active Member

On the high end but worth the money
    image.jpeg
    Daily drivers image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    Jasman and Double Edge Dougy like this.
  10. gregkw1

gregkw1 Well-Known Member

The best cologne I've ever experienced is Braggi by Charles Revson. They don't make it anymore and eBay prices are insane. There is a fragrance company that says they can duplicate any fragrance. It's called Scent Matchers. I'm dying to try it and see how it is. 3.4oz is 69.99 shipped...Outch. Unfortunately my horses and dogs are costing me so much money I don't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of right now.

11. Epicurean

Epicurean Active Member

Halston Z-14 is one of my favorites. The new formulation is a little different than the old stuff. The EU doesn't like oak moss, apparently, so the newer version contains tree moss. I think you can still find some of the oak moss versions on ebay.

Robyflexx likes this.
  12. Mr. Freeze93

Mr. Freeze93 Prefers the baby blue dress

Creed Green Irish Tweed.

Coming in at a close second would be Polo Black.

crackstar and Double Edge Dougy like this.
  13. ninjack

ninjack Well-Known Member

I think I have a new favorite. I recently bought some Truefitt and Hill Grafton shave cream and aftershave balm and was wanting to buy the spray cologne as well, but the price of $80 was just too much after buying the balm and cream. I love the smell of the Grafton shave cream and balm, so I started looking for alternative colognes or EDT sprays to wear with the Grafton that has a similar scent. I wanted something close, so I did some research on the web and found one review that said the Grafton smells a lot like Drakkar Noir, so I got some and really love the smell of it. I also think it has a similar scent to Grafton, but at a fraction of the cost. The Drakkar Noir has been my go to EDT since I got it a few months ago. Does anyone else know of a cologne or edt that smells like the Truefitt and Hill Grafton? Or any shave cream that smells like the Grafton?

14. Spiez

Spiez Active Member

Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio. Been my main for years. I get a lot of compliments. Fresh clean aquatic scent.

Spiez

15. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

really liking the one gentlemen by dolce & gabbana

Paul Turner likes this.
  16. SteveShaves

SteveShaves New Member

CO Bigelow's Black Pepper Elixer

17. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

classy name, I'll say that.

18. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

That's a top-favourite of mine also! :)

19. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I gotta go with Stetson Black. It's been a favorite of mine for many years.

ordinaryshaver likes this.
  20. dangermouse

dangermouse Well-Known Member

It's so cheap, I'm ashamed to say; I think it might be EDT. It was bought for me as a small gift once, and whenever I wore it for work, lots of the women at work commented on how lovely I smelled and asked what it was. David Beckham Instinct.

ninjack likes this.