What's your go to shaving brush?

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Padron, Oct 31, 2008.

1. lamontqsanford

lamontqsanford New Member

QED 24mm in best badger.

2. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

I have a particular brush my son made that is my absolute favorite. It has a handle made of genuine Lignum Vitae (guiacum officinale) and a 22mm silvertip knot from Goldenib. I refer to it as my JF22S (JFever/22mm/Silvertip).

3. kevtex

kevtex Member

I use a C&E BBB most of the time and really like it.

4. stolenmirth

stolenmirth New Member

My go-to brush is the only brush I have, a simple Vulfix best badger. I've been contemplating a silvertip but I haven't come across one that really makes me want to spend the money. The one I've got now does a great job so I'm not overly concerned about upgrading.

5. Dave_D

Dave_D Member

Rooney 3-1 Super, backed up by a 1-1.

6. JohnInPeoria

JohnInPeoria Member

I thought my Omega Boar was just fine, until last night.

The family got me a Vulfix 2235, and I am blown away by that performance.

My poor Omega... I'm not sure I can ever go back.

:)

7. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

My "go to" brush is.....whichever brush I go to each day. They all make lather with either soaps or creams, so it really doesn't make that much difference to me.

8. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Kent BK4, or C&E BBB.

9. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I think the 2235 is highly underrated. I have two of them, and I think they are great.

10. krisbarger

krisbarger New Member

When you say stritchy what do you mean? Have you used the B&BE brush? How does the 1/2 compare to the B&BE brush? I am looking at the Emillion or the 1/2. Trying to make my decision by listening to guys that have used both or maybe all three brushes. I only have a floppy Vulfix and the B&BE brush. Just trying to draw some comparison to stuff I know and like. I like my B&BE brush but find it a little too stritchy.

Thanks friend

11. Dewaine

Dewaine Well-Known Member

12. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

Unbelieveable! Seventy odd posts in and no one seems to have mentioned the legendary Semogue. Picking a favorite Semogue boar brush is very much like trying to figure out which model on Deal or No Deal is the hottest. My 1305 and 2000 are in a total dead heat but I'd stack both up against brushes five times more expensive.

13. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

My Vulfix 374 Super is still my go to. A Rooney 1/1 Super is right behind. A Shavemac 177 finest went to my son. All great brushes, IMO. As one who face lathers, I prefer the nice fan of the 374.

14. Pureslab

Pureslab New Member

My go to brush.

Super thick chubby knot set in a petrified wood "light butterscotch" handle.

Attached Files:

15. UncleShakey

UncleShakey New Member

I try to rotate them all but end up stuck in place once in a while. For the last couple weeks it has been the Omega Syntex 90077. I get enough soap in this little devil for four passes.

Attached Files:

16. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Since this thread seems to have been revived, I'll add that since I posted early in the thread of going to my C&E BBB, I've found a new go-to in my Vulfix VS/5 boar. I'm now convinced boar is the way to go unless at least until I'm ready to get into a dense silvertip, which I'll try at some point. Yet, the boar is so good I'm not in a big hurry to save up $60-$100 for the quality of brush I think will be a slight improvement over my $11 Vulfix boar.

17. Compaq

Compaq New Member

My Go-To Brush is my Omega Boar... mostly because it's my only brush..

Planning on spending 80-ish USD on a silvertip from either penworks or elite razor.. they're beautiful brushes. I found a 28 mm knot sized brush for 81 USD.. Perhaps a little too big, hehe...:eek:

18. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

PenWorks Rose 24mmx51mm Grade A Silvertip

The lather produced by this brush with hard soaps is beyond retarded...

Attached Files:

19. Compaq

Compaq New Member

I can only assume "beyond retarded" is bad:p

How does it work with creams? It'll be a while until I buy any soaps. Why is it, do you think, that it's not a good soap brush?

-Compaq-

20. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I thought it meant good.