What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why??

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by DaltonGang, Apr 15, 2016.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Derby heard that.

(I kid, I kid)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
    AGHisBBS and Robyflexx like this.
  2. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Perma-Sharp Super because I was out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Yet you speak truth.

4. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

[​IMG][/quote]

What are these comparable to?

AGHisBBS likes this.
  5. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Because they were a great price.
    [​IMG]

AGHisBBS and NCoxSTL like this.
  6. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

It was actually two 100 packs of Personna Supers I got for $20.00 on Ebay. Because when I first started, I saw a couple places online recommending them cause they are a bit mild and could be a place to start at and decide whether or not to go to sharper blades. Still using them and getting nice shaves. Oh, not actually a purchase, but waiting to try the 100 blade sampler from the Russian PIF when they arrive.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  7. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Latest bulk buy was Rapira Swedish Supersteel because they just work great in all my razors.

Edit: Ordered 200.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  8. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I have a few hundred Rapira Platinum Lux blades, some two hundred Personna Platinum Chromes, about one hundred Feathers, and then a mishmash of other blades in smaller quantities.

Carbide Mike and AGHisBBS like this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

I thought I'd tally up to see who the current leaders are. No endorsements on my part - just curious to see what's popular lately. These are fuzzy numbers - some folks were a bit nonspecific about quantities so I did make assumptions in a few cases. Emphatic praise included "between quote marks"

• 1,300 Voskhod, "because yes, they are just that good", "from Russia. dirt cheap and fantastic blades."
    • 1,200 Astra SP, "because I love them"," very reasonably priced","work great for me in ALL my DEs"
    • 1,000+ Rapira, (collectively - several varieties) ' Voskhod like","less than ten bucks worked very well"
    • 700 Feather "very good longevity, smoothness, very sharp"
    • 500 Ladas "dirt cheap and fantastic blades","Feather's and Astra's for sharpness"
    • 500 Polsilvers. "Cause I think they are awesome"
    • 400 Perma Sharp "consistently smooth and very sharp","stunning performance in a wide range of razors"
    • 300 Gillette Silver Blue "would have gladly paid twice what I did"
    • 300 Gillette greens 'made in St.Petersburg'
    • 300 Derby's "cheap, especially good in my Gillette adjustables"
    • 200 Shark super stainless
    • 200 Nacet's
    • 200 Gillette Wilkinson Sword
    And the Also Ran's
    • 100 Big Bens
    • 100 Bolzano Superino
    • 100 Crystals Israel,
    • 100 Dorco prime platinums
    • 100 Lord Platinum
    • 100 Personna lab blues "12 cents each"
    • 100 Rockwell "very sharp but with control"
    • 100 Supermax Platinum
    • 100 Tiger (do not like)
    • 100 Treet dura-sharps

10. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

100 GSB was my last bulk purchase. It's the best all around compromise choice for the razor inventory I possess and the techniques I like to employ.

11. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I have a pack of 100 Rockwell as well (!), but haven't tried it yet. I'm thinking of opening the sampler that came with the razor.

What do you mean with "control"?

Carbide Mike and AGHisBBS like this.
  12. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

image.jpeg
    Because nothing bad ever came out of the Mostoclegmash factory. Except that one tuck of Ladas sent to Neal @NCoxSTL

Drawer, AGHisBBS and NCoxSTL like this.
  13. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Looks like the raw material for the Czech Tiger!

AGHisBBS and mrchick like this.
  14. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Curious about how many of those came out of the Voskhod group buy a few years back.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  15. RyX

RyX DoH!

Totally not a scientific analysis. These numbers generated by the folks that posted in a period of time, but there were no dates specified.
    I have directed a new member or three to this thread when they ask what blade they should buy. All anyone can say is how certain blades in particular razors work for them. This did offer a statistical peak into buying habits.
    the-one-about-the-blind-men-and-an-elephant-picture-2-.png

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  16. chrisf8657

chrisf8657 Active Member

I just bought another 300 of Astra SP's - no matter what blade I use, I keep going back to the Astra because it doesn't tear my face up.

17. Jack19

Jack19 Member

220 Personna Crystals, 100 Personna Lab Blues, and 100 Personna Reds; all in the last two +/- weeks.

Crystals are my favorite blade; no nicks, weepers, or irritation. Just a good shave.

Carbide Mike, Drawer and AGHisBBS like this.
  18. simms623

simms623 Well-Known Member

My latest and only 100 blade purchase was Gillette Silver Blue. They were the blade that gave me the closest shave with zero irritation.

My next 100 blade purchase will be the GSB's again and Treet Platinum. Same reason for GSB & the Treet's are cheep and I get zero irritation from them either.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

Rayzor, Bama Samurai, Drawer and 2 others like this.
  19. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

My only 100 Blade purchase was Astra SP on amazon for $10/free shipping. Picked them up when I first started, figured for the price I couldn't go wrong, not my favorite Blade but they wok just fine.

20. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

100 each of:
    Voskhod
    Ladas
    Rapira

Bama Samurai and AGHisBBS like this.