What's your shaving product weakness?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by RaZorBurn123, Dec 31, 2014.

1. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Razors with stropping devices (Rolls Razors, Valet Autostrop razors, Wilkinson Sword Empire razors (I covet the 7-day's set), Shake Sharp razors (I need the bakelite Shake). Other blade stropping devices are nice too!

Boojum1, youngunn and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

For me it's making stuff; it's always fun to find something new that I can make at home. So, in terms of things I buy, it's fragrances & containers.

Boojum1, macaronus and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  3. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

I've hit critical mass on both...........

Boojum1 and youngunn like this.
  4. RainmanJH

RainmanJH Member

It was just vintage razors and various aftershaves, but dang it all I have recently been sucked in to vintage brushes. My SO just rolls her eyes at me and smiles now.

Boojum1 likes this.
  5. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Been meaning to post here but for some reason have resisted. Maybe to be sure this is my current weakness. Brushes for 2015.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  6. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

All time? Razors, blades, blade banks, shaving mugs, and brushes.

7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Vintage razors was my weakness. However, I think I am developing some others. That is why I am trying a shaving product sabbatical for 2015.

8. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

At the moment AS......followed closely by soaps

9. Ceferguson

Ceferguson Well-Known Member

Soaps I need new smells lol, even though I have enough soap to supply an army for a few years and a cache of razor blades just incase they ever stop making them lol

10. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Soaps and aftershaves for me. I have enough soap to last me about two years, at least one my Stirling order comes in, and I have enough aftershave to last me about 5 years. But, I can't stop on either one.

11. maliboy67

maliboy67 Well-Known Member

Mine is definitely aftershave.

12. DaveL

DaveL Active Member

Vintage Gillette razors and lately boar and horse hair brushes.

13. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

So far for me it is soaps! Next would be aftershaves.

14. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

shave soap sticks I find them to be very convenient.

15. Sevenbark

Sevenbark Well-Known Member

Brushes, the only thing about learning about brushes is you do not know how good a brush was until you have sold it to acquire the one that is supposed to be a better one. Oh well save up, there will be another.

16. Mr. Droid

Mr. Droid Well-Known Member

+1 on that. I have found that chasing vintage 'stuff' is more fulfilling to me than anything. The days I can set up a shave, with nothing new represented, those are the good ones. It's even better if I can start my shave with a vintage soap shower and end with a vintage cologne.

17. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Me? Mainly soaps, creams, and aftershaves.

18. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Definitely creams.

19. Streambrewer

Streambrewer Active Member

Razors....razors...razors, vintage DEs. I am literally scared to say how many I have purchased, because I fixed up and restored a few and sold them on, but I currently have about 50+. One thing about it...like soap and blades, you don't necessarily get what you pay for. Currently trying out a Mulcato Damion and a Probak, but the vintage Gillettes are amazing. I simply love the Super Speed design--a working man's razor with an elegant design and superb value for money. I currently have 12 different variants, but still lack the basic 1960s and 1970s standard models. And I really want one from the 1980s. I think you would be very hard pressed to find a better razor with performance and looks for the same price range of $10-30.

Soaps...um, trying to resist and failing. Trying to use them faster...

20. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

Soaps and creams with a floral scent, especially Lavender, are irresistible.