What's your shaving product weakness?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by RaZorBurn123, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

My "New" Rise Aftershave, which says "Trusted Since The 50's"(making the "new" look a bit silly), squirts out too fast. Although, having said that, perhaps the "weakness" is actually a message saying "ok, you have enough".

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

great picture of Eddie Pinaud :)

3. damnitgoose

damnitgoose Well-Known Member

Soaps and Brushes. I ordered 4 soaps the week and have 3 brushes coming in

4. SRNewb

SRNewb Well-Known Member

Now it has graduated to brushes. Synthetic and horse, to add to my badger and boar collection. And of course, more straights.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  5. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

For me its the soaps and creams =) I always want to add more to the den

6. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

It has become brushes for me. I always have to try one in just a bit different sized knot. Or set. Or handle. I don't have an insane amount, but I am up to a dozen ish.

7. ARGH

ARGH Well-Known Member

What do you think of horse brushes? I have been looking but I am very satisfied with my super soft badgers.

SRNewb likes this.
  8. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

I prefer Vintage Gillette razors and Old Spice Decanter in their original boxes, and or cases. I also like Aftershaves, and brushes, but not to the addiction stage yet. Unless it is an Old Spice item. Then maybe. ;) However it's just a hobby.

Hodge and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  9. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I am bound and determined to find nice things locally. So far I can get Astra sp blades, feather blades, Wilkinson blades, some decent aftershaves, Williams soap, merkur razors and cheap crummy brushes. With as many antique stores and thift store as there are here one would think finding nice shaving hardware would be easier. I have found out that there are these razors in the wild still but they are still being used by the poor farmers who bought them new. I need to find out when the flea market in madison county is open. They might have what Im looking for.

10. SRNewb

SRNewb Well-Known Member

They are a different animal, no pun intended. I think they are a lot like a cross between badger and boar. At least the dark haired one I have.
    Knot is stiff like a boar, and has some scritch, like some of the mid grade badgers, and holds water like my finest or silvertip.
    I like mine, but I bowl lather exclusively, and use painting strokes only when applying lather. Someone who face lathers or uses circular motions on the face might not like them.
    I like mine so much I'm looking to purchase a bit nicer one, preferably in the white hair, which I have not tried yet.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  11. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

This month it's razors and more specifically Schick Injectors
    Now that I have my one straight razor honed and a new strop on order, I see myself shifting focus again soon.

12. chrisbd

chrisbd Well-Known Member

+1. I've only recently returned to DE shaving and for me vintage Gillettes are an addiction. Our Ebay watch list is completely flooded, just trying to gauge prices, particularly of Fatboy adjustables, only to find there's no discernible pattern just the rare chance of a "bargain" (which I miss because most of the bid closure times are stupid o'clock UK time) or that some sellers who won't ship to UK.

Regards,
    Chris

13. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

my shaving weakness includes soaps, creams, and aftershaves. I love things with scent.

Hodge likes this.
  14. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

For me it was about the razors. Mostly I'm over that . Probably my jones is with after shaves at this time. Lately I look at a lot of things but haven't been buying. Feels good.

15. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I like to look at other people's stuff though!

chrisbd likes this.
  16. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

I do not need more variety in my shaving soaps, and yet I NEED MORE VARIETY IN MY SHAVING SOAPS.

Redfisher, Douglas Carey and chrisbd like this.
  17. SuperChris

SuperChris Member

It used to be Old Spice shave soap, now its Amway Silver Surf aftershave.

18. RayC1993

RayC1993 Well-Known Member

I only have one weakness.. Stirling products... My goal is to try everything they offer. I honestly don't know what I will do once I have tried everything.

19. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Start over again from the top…..:D

Douglas Carey, mrchick and RayC1993 like this.
  20. RayC1993

RayC1993 Well-Known Member

Yeah... just in case I "missed" a few...;);) Have another package due here in the A.M. thank the Lord the wife will be at work.. :sick013::sick002: