When NOT Seeing Is Believing

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Gillette_Man, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Sometimes I will gamble a little when I buy razors off of eBay (actually, it would be quite easy to make a strong argument that it is always a gamble buying off eBay), and so far, it has paid off nicely. I bought both of these razors from "Buy It Now" auctions with very blurry pictures. I took a chance because I wanted the Fat Boy case, and the Aristocrat was priced at about half of what they were going for at the time, and I would have been satisfied if it was just useable. But, as you can see from the pics, I got more than I bargained for. Unfortunately, I did not save the listing pics to show how blurry they were, but trust me, they were pretty out of focus. Oh, I almost forgot -- I paid $12.94 (shipped) for the Fat Boy, and $22.50 (shipped) for the Aristocrat. The Aristocrat does have some scuffing on the top of the center bar, but otherwise, the plating is in excellent shape.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

What a great haul; congrats!:happy088

3. pibeandres

pibeandres New Member

I'm never that lucky. :(

4. J T

J T Member

Great deal on fabulous looking razors - Very, very nice:happy096

5. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Wow! :happy088

6. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Very nice! Even the cases clean up great.

7. yayrum

yayrum New Member

I was watching eBay for weeks before I bought my first DE. In the end I figured it would be better for me to buy a new Merkur and hold off on the eBay finds until I actually knew what I was looking at.;)

Those definitely are very nice!