Where Do I Put It?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by JayKay, Mar 7, 2008.

1. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

So I've never been much of a fan of shaving but I got my hand on some Sussie's Bubbles I really like. I just have one puck of it and love face lathering with it. But what am I supposed to do with the bar once I'm done shaving? Anybody have any interesting ways of storing the puck between shaves?

2. Padron

Padron Active Member

Hmmm,

I just always use a ziplock baggy, not too interesting or creative but it works well. You could always toss it in the bottom of a mug and pull it out when needed..

perhaps one of those plastic push up shave sticks like QED sells could be refilled if you melted the soap in a double boiler?

Something like This may work well for you?

3. JayKay

Thats a great idea. Except for the small order fee. And I wouldnt know which soaps I could melt and which I cant. Maybe we could all get together on a group buy for others who were interested in the push up sticks or maybe I could find a company without a minimum order.

Or I may just save the money and go with the ziplocks. They just get kind of gross after you use them a few times.

Thank you :D

4. Padron

Padron Active Member

Jay,

Look here these are the same as QED's and don't have the large quantity minimum....you may find a couple other items as well :D

Glycerin soaps will melt easily, other tripple milled soaps will not in the microwave but may in a double boiler....I am not sure though, never tried it before....you could grate the soap with a cheese grater and then pack it in the tube with a bit of pressure....hopefully it would hold it's shape good enough..:)

Good luck,

Neale

5. JayKay

I believe that what I have are glycerine soaps. They are Susies Bubbles goat, olive oil, and shea butter based soaps with glycerine being a main ingredient. Also, I have some TSD soaps that I'd like to use for on face lathering but theyre in the tubs. I believe all these soaps are melt and pour and could be melted in the microwave. I love the container idea and may just have to purchase a handfull. I also want to try some tripple milled soaps soon. Although I'm not sure how much money I want to spend on them because I do really enjoy creams.

6. ltlsuz

ltlsuz Member

Jay - I also offer my soaps in shave stick form and container soaps. I'm glad you like my soap. Here is a link to those items.

Container Soap

Shave Stick

Also, the dollar store is a great place to look for mugs or bowls.

Best Wishes!
    Susie

7. redorchestra

redorchestra New Member

My creative answer to the original question, where to put the shave puck.

Go to a chinese or asian grocery store and buy a covered rice bowl. They are about the right size for most shave soaps. They have a great little lid that plops on top and yyou can get a variety of different types from that blue and white type of china to stainless steel like they use here in Korea. Thats what my soaps are in!!!

8. Padron

Padron Active Member

Shhhhh, the word out on the streets is that The Shave Den soap will soon be offered in a shave stick version as well :D

Nice and handy for those of you who travel or prefer the stick format ;)

9. JayKay

Oh my. I do like your soaps alot and they have currently taken over my lineup. I saw the shave sticks but wanted to try a bunch of different scents with different bases to get a real handle on what I like and what lathers best for me. Next time I'll order the shave sticks.

That rice bowl is a great idea as well. I was thinking something like that but my current problem is that I have no counter space and a TINY linnen closet that barely holds anything let alone another shelf full of stuff. So in terms of just saving space I'll have to throw everything in ziplock bags for the moment. I'm moving to another appartment on the other side of town over the summer. I need to come up with a good place for my shave gear so everybody doesnt ravage my brushes, razors, and creams.