Where to get wooden cigar boxes?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by blanka, Jan 23, 2014.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

LOL. They're still being made.

2. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

So... many... wasted cigars for...

3. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

The antique shop where I hunt (and find alot) the good stuff, has probably 30 VERY nice cigar boxes, no goofy pics, some say cuban, some are square with a slide top, some are written in a foriegn lang. Some have clasps, the ones I picked up seem to be lined with cedar, I think. Im going back tom. If it will help I'll snap you some pics. If you want them I'd be glad to line it up for you or whatever.
    I allmost got one of the black ones, realy nice.
    They look brand new.

blanka likes this.
  4. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

Sure, let me know what you see. I'm going back into my cigar shop in the morning to see what goodies they collect tonight.

5. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

Will do, Ill send pics and get you a price

6. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

Ok here are the pics, they are all in awesome shape. Most are wooden and average $20.00 a piece.
    There is a stack of cardboard boxes but they are rough.

I cant get the pics to upload. Ever since the update, Ive been having a hard time

more

Attached Files:

7. blanka

Thanks for looking! I actually just lucked out and picked up a huge stack of them for six bucks at one of the local cigar shops that had a huge event yesterday. I'll post a pic later.

8. blanka

All I can say is, "Awesome Sauce!" Really nice score today with these. I'm trying to decide whether I want to go with the paper-wrapped ones or the unwrapped ones. The unwrapped ones are deeper, which would make it easier to fit an actual shaving soap container inside, whereas the paper-wrapped ones might be easier to pack and transport. I was kind of worried that the store employees would be annoyed that I wasn't there to buy cigars. Quite the contrary, one employee even walked up with a big grin and asked, "isn't the artistry that goes into making those boxes amazing?" I can tell you one thing, that Gunslinger box is staying with ME! The Punch cigar box smells fairly amazing, I may have to try one of those soon.

DSC_0903.JPG

5Savages, CyanideMetal and richgem like this.
  9. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

Oh yea, when I was looking at the boxes for you I was amazed at the care and craftsmanship that went into thease boxes. The artwork on them was equally impressive.

blanka likes this.
  10. JoeB

JoeB Well-Known Member

Is there a Total Wine and More by you? If not Pm me. Just pay shipping and I'll send you some cigar boxes for free. (I work and Total Wine and More and have many of these)

11. blanka

I don't think we have that store here, but I think I'm good now. I got a huge stack from a local cigar shop, plus some paper wrapped ones from Cigars International. My debate now is whether I want to use the paper wrapped one (a little shorter, so easier to pack) or the wooden ones (deeper and have hinges/clasps).

Thank you for the offer, I really appreciate it!

12. TarheelFXR

TarheelFXR Member

We have one of those stores, Total Wine and More, I'll have to see if they will save/sell me some. Thanks for the tip JoeB.

T

13. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

"Hey, What exactly are you doing there?"

[​IMG]