Which is the synthetic brush with the most backbone?

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by JazzDoc, Sep 7, 2017.

1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

My experience is the Game Changer knot has a lot of backbone.

JazzDoc and PickledNorthern like this.
  2. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

This. ^^^^

Either of the Simpson synthetic offerings are gonna get you what you are looking for.

[​IMG]

Not sure I could pick a favorite. Chubby might edge out Duke by a hair. Chubby eats a lot of soap, but is fatter, so has a great full face feel. Duke is a little smaller, but is a super fast loader and quick face latherer. I use Duke on the road a lot.

3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

If I were to guess, I would say the chubby would have more back bone due to the increased density. I've never had a Simpson yet, but both look great.

JazzDoc likes this.
  4. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I don't find the Chubby to be more dense specifically, it's just fatter. They are extremely close.

Linuxguile, JazzDoc and Enrico like this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Thank you for the insight. :)

JazzDoc and PickledNorthern like this.
  6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    My first synthetic was a PureTech synthetic. It had way too much backbone. In fact, I removed it and replaced it with a badger. Today, I used my newest brush, the Jayaruh #217 with a Maggard Black & White synthetic. It is a very soft knot, but it also has decent backbone. I like to splay my brush because I am a face latherer. I was very pleased with the way it lathered today. I will be using it all week.
    JR217_20.jpg