Which Movies had scenes where Actors used straight/safety razors ?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by SSLSTudio..., Mar 9, 2007.

1. Matt F

Matt F Active Member

1:39 onwards

2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Don't know if it's been listed (too lazy to check) but the first few seconds of SE7EN show what appears to be a Fatboy and for sure a Gillette Blue carbon blade. That's all there is of it.

3. Lionel

Lionel Member

The movie, "The Dirty Dozen", where they complain they are made to shave with cold water.

4. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Legendary. All the men banded together in that instance, which is what Lee Marvin wanted.

5. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Just rediscovered this one, not sure if its been posted before. Sir Anthony Hopkins in The Rite, the moment he discovers he's become possessed by Ba'al. Looks like the modern black handled Wilkinson Sword Classic DE.

TheRite.jpg

6. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Not a 'cinema movie, but a scene from the AMC series, "Hell on Wheels" an American Western series about the construction of the first transcontinental railroad.
    In the scene, the lead protagonist 'villain' is being prepped for an outdoor shave by the town barber when the star character of the series steps up and, unbeknownst to the customer, takes over the cut throat razor shave from the barber. They converse throughout the shave, which doesn't look like a comfy ordeal—especially the ATG upper lip 'shave' in pic 4. And no, he was not killed in scene.
    [​IMG]

Adonis likes this.
  7. Ramaniac

Ramaniac Member

One of the early Abbott and Costello movies Lou did a routine with a straight razor. I think it was A Night in the Tropics on the boat.
    The 1920's version of Dickens, A Christmas Carol. Scrooge does a sloppy wet cold straight shave
    In the Good Old Summertime he starts by cutting off his handle bar moustache.

8. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

W00T!

Attached Files:

9. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I'm not familiar with this movie....:D;)

10. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

Tapatalk error... Again

11. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

In the movie Platoon, there's a scene with a guy shaving with a straight razor towards the beginning of the movie out on patrol.

12. Lionel

Lionel Member

The movie Valkyrie with Tom Cruise. He uses a razor and purposely cuts himself for his assassination attempt on Hitler.

13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Ray Milland with a Micromatic (?)

[​IMG]

Glad I'm not the only one what shaves in the tub.

14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I was going to mention Dustin, but you beat me to it. Also, he was shaving as Katherine Ross screamed in his room and he had to go out to explain himself to the landlord.

15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

The Ice Pirates
    [​IMG]

16. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

The Three Stooges had a few in their shorts. But a favorite of mine is where Curly uses a straight razor to make some shaved ice. Complete with soap and brush.

Enrico likes this.
  17. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Sam Elliot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Enrico likes this.