Which scent does your partner like best

Discussion in 'Scents' started by 8thsinner, Sep 8, 2010.

1. 8thsinner

8thsinner New Member

I didn't do a search for this cause I wasn't sure what to search exactly.

But I am curious to know what scents work best for your partner, Not so much for females, as the mix of your skin is just as important as the scent itself.

My partner likes the idea of me smelling great as do most I suspect, But I am of the philosophy that MY scent is the better one. Though I am willing to use a scented soap/stick of moisturiser of some sort.

Now usually I use a mix of all sorts of lotions to soften, but most recently I have been using undiluted coconut oil, in it's original solid form, heated so liquify it and then adding sandalwood for flavour.

I have to say it sits nice on me and lasts a long time during the day.

I am considering the same with cedarwood for it's earthy nature.

For a more detailed interpretation of what I like, I am considered to be a goth, so nothing too .... something would sit well with me.

I wanna surprise her with something nice next time we go out.
    So please share your opinions.

2. DErminator

DErminator Member

My SWMBO likes Old Spice... you can't go wrong with that:cool:

3. CSL

CSL Member

Pinaud Clubman gave my wife a headache......beware!:sick007

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

My wife likes Curve and Brut. Not much else. Fine by me. She's the only one I have to please.

The County Mounty likes this.
  5. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Yeah... my wife likes unscented.

6. chadstar

chadstar Member

My wife loves the smell of JOOP but i think it smells like perfume, i did have a bottle but lost it. Oh dear!!

7. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Anything bay rum, and anything Skin Bracer, she doesn't seem to care about anything else though, which is good!

8. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

My wife is super picky. T&H 1805 has been the clear winner so-far. Really the only scent we both really like.

In general I'll say it also depends so much on how scents react with your skin. 1805 smell very chemical on some guys. You'll have to do some trial and error to find what works well for you. Go to a store and smell 10-12 scents you think you might like. Get a sample spray on each wrist of your two favorite. Smell each right away, then every 10-15 mintues for a couple hours so you get an idea how it dries down on you. When you find one you like for the full range, go ahead and buy a bottle.

If you're into sandalwood, you'll have some very nice options at high end department stores. Just be willing to dish out the money if you go that route (the top sandalwood scent is known as mysore).

9. 8thsinner

8thsinner New Member

I haven't really given much thought to bayrum stuff though I have seen it referenced many times, I just can't help thinking pirate every time I hear it.

I don't have the resources to try high end stores, I would rather add my own essential oils to after shave balms and stuff. Thats why I am interested more in scents specifically more than end goods. also I don't have a credit card, so online purchases are often not possible. I am limited to UK offerings usually.

10. StephenDE

StephenDE New Member

My wife likes Pinaud Clubman and Ogallala Bay Rum, especially Limes and Peppercorns. She also likes Aqua Velva.

11. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

A surprising scent that me and my partner like on me is a mixture of peppermint and patchouli essential oils which I keep mixed together and then add to my Proraso Aloe & Green Tea shave soap. The peppermint cuts down on the "hippie" patchouli top-note, you know the one that makes you love or hate patchouli, but they both mingle wonderfully together for something very different but not overpowering. He's happy, I'm happy. I've also tried it with peppermint and sandalwood and while I liked it, he didn't like it so much.

12. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Florida Water
    Booster's Mosswood
    Dominica Bay Rum

13. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

My wife loves Dolce & Gabbana, Aramis, Santos de Cartier, Azzaro Pour Homme, and a few others on me. There are many others I love, which she hates, but I wear them anyway.

14. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Finding a bay rum to smell for yourself shouldn't be hard. Definitely worth checking out.

In terms of essential oils, very few are worthy without a little blending. The two big exceptions I've found are Mysore Sandalwood and Neroli. Both are often available more reasonably priced when mixed in a scentless carrier oil. But as they are both extremely strong in the pure form I don't think that's a problem. I think the pure form of either might give a little sticker shock.

15. jfever311

jfever311 Active Member

A nice "dark" cologne..

I would say Armani Black Code is a sure bet. If you like the coconut thing, you would really like Hollister SoCal.

Other than that, I would simply go to a local mall that has a good selection of department stores and even a perfume and cologne shop. THere you and your girl can smell yourselves silly.

16. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Bay Rum. Specifically Ogallala Bay Rum & Sandalwood, or Pinaud Bay Rum.

voice940 likes this.
  17. My wife likes Floris Elite in particular, also likes Olivia's Sandalwood, isn't so fond of Pinaud Clubman.

18. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Aquatic scents, but having a BBS face is equally important. Seems like those two things are synergistic.

19. olblueyez

olblueyez New Member

I would add some clove and bay leaf oil to your collection. They work well together and will work well with your sandalwood. Witch Hazel makes a great splash with your choice of oils too.

20. 8thsinner

8thsinner New Member

Clove and bay sounds interesting, and definately witchhazel, it actually works really well with my skin, way better than other antiseptic agents do.

A friend of mine, the one who is planning on making shave soaps as part of her beauty business, was throwing some ideas around with me today,
    Tea tree, Bergamont, and patchouli...I have to admit I liked the sound of it it's almost a paradox, Fresh antiseptic musk...